Search Unity

TextMesh Pro TMPro display issues after upgrade to URP

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by MrLucid72, Mar 25, 2021.

1. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

We went from Gamma to Linear+URP. I believe it's the URP that did strange things. Is there something special I need to do to "normalize" TMPro text display in URP? There are random gray borders that make it look cheap, like it's a word cutout from a newspaper or something - and an artificial outline that makes the text look twice+ as thick:

upload_2021-3-25_11-43-31.png

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Text will render differently between Linear and Gamma space. However, the images you posted point to a potential SDF Scaling issue.

Does forcing any of these text objects to be redrawn (by changing one of their property) result in the text rendering correctly thereafter?

For testing purposes, see if switching the shader used by those text objects to one of the SSD shaders results in the text rendering correctly? The SSD shaders have the suffix SSD at the end of the name and are contained in the TMP Essential Resources.

I presume you are using a CanvasScaler in those scenes? Does the issue occur if the CanvasScaler is disabled or game view resolution is set to the reference resolution?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021