Search Unity

TMP_Dropdown Dynamic Functions Missing

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by leutnant_kane, Feb 19, 2020.

1. leutnant_kane

leutnant_kane

I've got a class inheriting from TMP_Dropdown (offering me some additional layouting Options). This worked fine with the old Asset Store Version and unity 2017. But since I've updated to Unity 2019.2.17 and the latest non Preview TMP release the inspector doesn't show me dynamic Functions anymore (for the onValueChanged callbacks). I have found a Unity Bug which fits this description, but it is marked as fixed already. The Issue does not appear with the original unity classes, which is why I'm asking here if this issue is known/already fixed/something new?

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Please be sure to test using the latest preview release as it could contain the fix already.

By that you mean the issue does not occur with the currently UI Dropdown part of the version of Unity you are using?

3. leutnant_kane

leutnant_kane

1. I'll try, but I'd rather not use a preview version in our production environment.
    2. Yes, using the Dropdown class from UnityEngine.UI the inspector shows dynamic functions without issue.

4. leutnant_kane

leutnant_kane

Quick Update: changing the unity Version to 2019.2.21f1 fixed my Problem, I couldn't find any mention of this in the changelogs though