Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

TMP Underlay issue (works in editor but not in PC standalone build)

Discussion in 'Unity UI & TextMesh Pro' started by keshet, Sep 10, 2018.

1. keshet

keshet

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what might be the problem. TextMeshpro object with underlay on works fine in the editor, but in my PC standalone build, it isn't visible.

2. keshet

keshet

Some extra info on this, when i jsut have the text object in scene it works, but the app allows the user to create text objects and style them. Enabling the underlay works in editor but not in the build. outline works fine, also tried changing which shader is used.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  3. keshet

keshet

A quick patch fix, and extra info part 2. I have sort of patched it by enabling the underlay on all my font materials. Then when i create the text object, I just turn off the underlay. I am now able to add and remove and adjust like normal.

The underlay used to work fine on the last version of unity I was using, 5.6, before i updated to unity 2018

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Unity Technologies

The outline and underlay use a Keyword which might not be getting set correctly.

What version of the TMP package are you using with 2018?

5. keshet

keshet

It is whatever is the most current version. I tried importing the whole things to see if that was the issue.

6. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Unity Technologies

I have a feeling the issue is simply related to the shader keyword to enable the Outline or Underlay not getting set on the newly created user material. So I would look there.