Search Unity

Question TMP text is still blurry

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Cosmology27, Feb 26, 2023.

1. Cosmology27

Cosmology27

I see tons of people posting about this throughout the years, even with TextMeshPro. Some of the stuff I've found is outdated, and others didn't work. I have the scale of the text object set to 0.1 on x and y. I have the font size set to 1000. I am using VR, and canvas is set to world space. The text looks horrible from any distance away, other than right in my face. If I move my face literally an inch away from the text is looks super crisp. As I move away it instantly gets blurry, until it's just garbage. When I'm standing 2m away, I can't even see the outline anymore, and the letter is literally more than half gradient fade out (if you know what I mean), just super blurry fuzzy.
    My Unity version I'm using is a couple of years old, but it's still different from other answers I've seen where you lower character, and increase font. Either way, my font size is 1000, so it should be good, lol.
    How do I make it not fuzzy/blurry?
    Thanks for the help!

2. Cosmology27

Cosmology27

Anyone able to help with this? TMP is supposed to be better, but so far the text is completely unusable in VR.