Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Bug TMP Text flickering in specific scenario.

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by The702Guy, Mar 21, 2024.

1. The702Guy

The702Guy

One of my users (only one currently) is reporting that their text starts flickering specifically if they have a bunch of other apps open or when they get a push notification on their phone. It won't stop until the app is restarted. I have already verified its not z-fighting. I recently swapped text fonts in my game and then this started happening for this user, the other font was in use for months with no issues for them. I have set all of the settings for this font to be the same as the one previously that had no issues.

My first thought was a memory issue since it seems to happen for them when they have a lot of apps open or get a push notification but the only thing that happens is the text flickers. There is no frame rate drop happening and the rest of the UI works fine. Any ideas?

This is on mobile.

Attached Files: