Search Unity

TMP text fields in world space canvases are grossly out of bounds in 2019.2

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by brinca, Aug 2, 2019.

1. brinca

brinca

So when I upgraded my project to Unity 2019.2 yesterday, one of the weird issues that popped up was a problem with the bounds of TMP text fields on world space canvases, that grossly overshoot the size of the canvas, such as:

To note that the canvas is being scaled down to 0.002321589 (which may be part of the problem):

... and the fields are being stretched horizontally to fit the canvas width:

In prefab mode (when you edit the prefab), the text field is of the correct size.

Now this started happening when I upgraded to 2019.2.0f1, it was working just fine in 2019.1.8f1, and I'm using the latest HDRP (v6.9.1).

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Edit: Fix broken images

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Did the version of the TMP package change or were you using the same 2.0.1 before?

P.S. The images are not visible.

3. brinca

brinca

TMP version remains the same (2.0.1), and the images should be fixed by now (damn, you beat me to it ;))

4. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

There is no Camera assigned to the World Space Canvas. Was one assigned before?

5. brinca

brinca

The camera is assigned at runtime, but no, there was absolutely no change in any of the prefab elements prior to or following the upgrade.

6. brinca

brinca

BTW this happens to *all* TMP text fields on world space canvases (I have several scattered throughout the level), not only on this one prefab

7. brinca

brinca

and this seems to be definitely related to the canvas (or maybe the parent transform's) scale, as this example is even more extreme:

(Note: the text is fixed size at 9pt, and is supposed to fit the canvas bounds, at the top part of the paper model)