Search Unity

TextMesh Pro TMP not showing up in build (worldspace)

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by xploreygames, Oct 13, 2020.

1. xploreygames

xploreygames

I have a series of worldspace TMP - Text objects. In the editor they work fine and no issues are present when they turn on.

However when doing a build of the game, the first one shows up and then all others do not.

I've made sure that these 'worldspace TMP - Text' objects are all using a font that is not assigned to any non-worldspace TMP objects, as that was listed in many forums as a similar issue.

It's strange not only that only 1 will show up, but when I set that gameobject inactive and then re-activate it, the text doesn't show up again. It's like the text is invisible.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Make sure you are using the latest release of the TMP package and if not, let me know if the issue persists. The latest releases are version 1.5.1 for Unity 2018.4, version 2.1.1 for Unity 2019.4 and version 3.0.1 for Unity 2020.x

In terms of potential issues, the text disappearing is usually the result of ZTest conflicts between text objects that share the same material where these text objects is in difference render space like Screen Space Overlay, Camera Space or WorldSpace or combination of <TextMeshPro> and <TextMeshProUGUI> object.

In terms of the build, are you seeing this in a Desktop build or on Android for instance?

If you are able to reliably reproduce this behavior and are using the latest release, please submit a bug report with the included project as this will most certainly enable me to more quickly pin point the cause and provide a solution.

xploreygames likes this.
  3. xploreygames

xploreygames

Thanks Stephen,

You are correct in guessing the issue. I was not up to date with 2.1.1 on TMP. Once it updated, the build worked as it should. Appreciate the help.

Stephan_B likes this.