Search Unity

Bug TMP Input fields are unusable and lead to input errors on iOS in 2019.4.40f1

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Swah, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Swah

Swah

Hello,

I created a bug and a project to repro this issue, but in the meantime I'm posting this here in case another developer figured out a solution to this issue.

Video of the issue:
    https://www.veed.io/view/df68f816-37bb-47da-87f9-93cf00451bf4?sharingWidget=true
    0:03 hitting backspace on a long string teleports the caret to the first index position, which leaves lots of text undeleted
    0:22 the caret gets moved back when typing, so any new text is now inserted halfway through

NOTES
    - This issue does not occur in 2019.4.35f1, but started occurring in 2019.4.40f1.
    - It repros on iOS, but not Android
    - This project has a TMP input field as an example, but we had similar issues with a regular InputField component which we overloaded. I'm not sure if it reproes on a native inputfield component, but I would expect it to.
    - We notice the framerate (upper left) dropping when hitting backspace, which could be an indirect cause of the issue. We think framerate is not dropping as much on 2019.4.35f1, but we're not 100% confident on that.

Thanks

2. Swah

Swah

Quick update - the bug was rejected because "We no longer support Unity versions lower than 2021.3 except for Unity 2020.3 LTS versions."

I was hoping that they would at least fix a regression they recently added, but apparently that's not the policy.