Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

TextMesh Pro TMP Input Field display issue with custom fonts in new beta version of editor

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by PipkoFanfare, Oct 17, 2023.

1. PipkoFanfare

PipkoFanfare

upload_2023-10-17_9-10-25.png upload_2023-10-17_9-10-47.png

I'm attempting to create a TMP Input Field but as soon as I load any of my pixel fonts over the default they display in a corrupted way (see images above). These fonts are working perfectly in TMP Text and TMP button objects. The scale of the object is 1,1,1 and the font size is an integer multiple of the native pixel font size (in this example, 8). Any ideas what is going on here?

I'm running editor version 2023.2.0b12.

Edit: Attempting to import any new fonts through the TMP font asset creator also fails on clicking "generate atlas" with error "Font Asset Creator - Error Code [Invalid_File] has occurred trying to load the [fontname.ttf] font file. This typically results from the use of an incompatible or corrupted font file."

upload_2023-10-18_16-2-33.png

Could this be a sign my TMP install is borked? The only thing I can think of that might have done that is I had to export and reimport my whole project into a newer editor version to get access to shader graph canvas shaders a while ago, but it worked fine on all the tmp text and button components i've used so far???

Edit 2: I have now tried deleting and regenerating the TextMesh Pro folder inside my project, exporting whole project as a package and importing into latest beta (b14), and deleting and regenerating Library folder. None have worked.

I have also created a brand new project in the latest beta. Font importing worked, but input fields still display the same garbage. Is that just a bug in current beta versions of Unity?

Last edited: Oct 19, 2023