Search Unity

Bug TMP Git auto updated Fallback file

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by IAndrewNovak, Dec 15, 2021.

1. IAndrewNovak

IAndrewNovak

Hello.
    I have an annoying bug. Unity 2121.1.28, TMP Package 3.0.6
    The project has a TMP Default Resources Liberation Sans font SDF asset. After random changes in the scene, he updated and marked it as dirty in GIT and I rollback him all time :(

After committing the updated version and rand time I have updated the version again but with other values

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Changes to dynamic font assets are persistent in the Editor and between editor sessions unless you enable Clear Dynamic Data on Build on dynamic font assets. Although the option is named Clear Dynamic Data on Build, it also clears the data when closing the editor.

P.S. I believe clearing the data upon closing the editor might be in the preview release of version 3.2.0 which would be 3.2.0-pre.2.

3. IAndrewNovak

IAndrewNovak

Thanks, Stephan_B for your reply.

This does not fix my issue with GIT. I do not close Unity before pulling or pushing commits.
    One variant it's separate dynamic and static data. Maybe you can move dynamic data to UserSettings or Library folder in future releases?

Also, we speak about this issue in the Unity Russian telegram community, and many people are frustrated about this Font Dynamic Data.

leohilbert and SNeakita like this.
  4. GLeBaTi

GLeBaTi

Hello. Do you solve this?