Search Unity

[TMP] Characters with a Carron (ˇ)

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Majk-, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Majk-

Majk-

All of TMP assets I generate have all charactes with a "carron" rendered as white squares.
    Normal Unity text displays it correctly.
    When I generate only with a specific character eg. 'š' it shows fine in the TMP asset generator, but does not render in text.

Im using Unity 2018.2.3f1 with the package manager version (1.2.4.) of TMP

What could be causing it ?

Also why can't I tag this question, the only available one is 'cache server'...

2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

There are two potential ways to handle this.

The first is to create a Font Asset that includes the Latin Extended A unicode characters. These are in the Unicode range of 100-17F. See the example below.

You would then assign this font asset that contains the Latin Extended A characters as a fallback to your main font asset.

upload_2018-8-30_0-9-26.png

To access these characters, you would have to reference them by their unicode values such as \u010C for "Č".

P.S. It is also possible to sometimes copy / paste a sequence of two characters which includes a diacritical mark + the letter S. In these cases you end up with two characters where the mark isn't positioned correctly. This can also be addressed but we'll cover that if it ends up being relevant.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  3. Majk-

Majk-

Ok I copied your image and used the newly generated LiberationSans asset instead of the original one, that fixed it.

But in previous versions of TMP(Unity) I did not have to do this.
    So is this intended way of getting these characters now ?

E: the character are accessible normally by typing them, I do not have to reference them by their code, if that is what was meant by your last sentence.

E: Also worth noting I removed the Package manager version and got the one from Asset Store, if there is any difference

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
  4. Majk-

Majk-

After cleaning up and somehow deleting important files, then missing characters 't' and 'z', 3+ recreations... I finally have all the characters I need.
    Thanks for the help. ;)

Stephan_B likes this.