Search Unity

Tizen Not Like Other Plugins?

Discussion in 'Tizen' started by MrEsquire, Sep 13, 2016.

1. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

When trying to build a Tizen project (Unity 5.4.1) I get the below error message, but does not make sense to me why other plugins seem to bother Tizen platform and not so much others.

Can anyone decode this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentException: Assets/Plugins/Android/Billing_Res is a directory
    2. System.IO.File.Copy (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName, Boolean overwrite) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:109)
    Makes no sense, and of course one can delete the directory for it to work, but I wish one project for all platforms.

Edit: Seems to be only Android Plugin that has the conflicts..(Using Prime31)

Unity decode this?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  2. Wadjey

Wadjey

Bug case already created: 825801

3. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Hi Wajdik, you experience same issues?, when did you create this bug case?

4. Wadjey

Wadjey

Yes I have the same issue, I reported it 10 days ago.

MrEsquire likes this.
  5. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Thanks, once again Im frustrated, not one Tizen fix in 5.4.1patch1, only when the Tizen competition has come out all the bugs are being found.. Not sure why this is such a difficult platform.. Good luck with the reply...

kenlem likes this.
  6. kenlem

kenlem

Yea, Tizen is pretty difficult. I have a game that has no issues porting to other platforms but Tizen just doesn't work. Honestly, I'm exhusted and am just about to give up on Tizen.

MrEsquire likes this.
  7. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

I been rejected by Tizen 3 times already because of some reasons no other platform cares about.
    The back button needs to be working correctly on mobile phones, something to be aware of.
    Also there InApp plugin documentation is poor to understand and setup.

8. kenlem

kenlem

I've been rejected twice. My app doesn't even launch and I don't have log to tell why.

I bought an actual device from India and paid extra to have it shipped quickly. That was over a month ago. The seller obviously didn't do what he was paid to do. By the time it gets here, I won't need the device. Hopefully, I can unload it on ebay for a fraction of what I paid. I'm done with smaller app stores for awhile I think.

Wadjey likes this.
  9. Wadjey

Wadjey

You're right, don't bore yourself with this Tizen platform, after releasing your app for Tizen, first of all you'll earn almost nothing, and in addition you'll get tons of reviews with 1 star rating and comments like this "please add hike messenger...", "please add temple run...", "please add candy crush...", "please add google play...", and there is no way to report these reviews to be deleted!

FreebordMAD and MrEsquire like this.
  10. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Samsung and Unity have a deal, so Unity support platform the min needed. Now they have 1 Unity developer who supports this from the sounds of it, when Samsung release new phone, they decided to boost advertising by doing this competition to offer people who buy a decent amount of games, even if games are rubbish. So people start porting to try and win something, then bugs are found!

11. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Just to add also when on Windows Metro, it does not like Tizen Examples folder.
    This was official Tizen InApp plugin downloaded. Deleting folder helps.
    This needs be checked also or in best case updated to support Unity 5.4 properly.

12. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Any news on this?

13. JayR

JayR

Issues like this tend to be a side-effect of plugins that were developed prior to the release of a new platform. If a plugin includes any kind of library-selection logic based on the build platform then it will tend to fail or cause unexpected issues until the plugin has been updated to take the new platform into account. Easiest way to see / fix this on your own is to click on any included DLLs in the Project window and you will see a set of checkboxes in the Inspector (title will be "<DLL Name> Import Settings" I think.) Those settings are stored in the .meta file for the DLLs, so depending on how you're managing your source code you could also break things if you don't manage the meta files appropriately.

For any Tizen Seller Store app rejections some additional detail on the reports from the store would be useful. Chances are a plugin includes a shared library that exposes an API unnecessarily.

MrEsquire likes this.