Search Unity

Tizen Mobile App Incentive Program!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Buhlaine, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

Congrats, have u received any notification emails ? and what's your cut-off points ?

Oh no!!!! Look@74...hope it will not spin-out more pranks...LoL

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  2. milkymomo

milkymomo

I am scared if they give us such long suspense. LOL

3. _geo__

_geo__

Yay, I'm in the top 20 :D
    Congratulations to all the other winners!

I will keep you updated if or when I get an email from Tizen.

OnurYIL likes this.
  4. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

No emails yet either, probably gonna take a few days.

5. Xaron

Xaron

Nice. And shocked that apps like WhatsApp are in this list. Actually I never thought they would let companies who laugh about $10k participate. Too sad...

For the next contest I will just create some wallpapers. Obviously that's what the people want. Unbelievable...

6. _geo__

_geo__

For the last challenge it took them about 2-3 months until final payment (for me) and about two weeks for e-mails. Don't expect quick responses. I guess they have a lot of bureaucratic overhead to deal with (taxes alone will be a nightmare).

7. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

@_Geo_ Yeah, well, they said that payments will be done between the top 100 announcement and the next month. As long as it's confirmed, I'm okay.

Congrats on the win btw, we did it :p.

_geo__ likes this.
  8. Inok

Inok

No "big boys" still can prevent your win because they only not receive reward again but not excluded from top 100 of next months, so in practice if same apps continue sit at top 100 nobody win anymore.

9. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

@Inok even though what you said is true, there aren't more than 10-15 "big boys". And unless an app or a game is EXTREMELY good, they won't be able to stay in top free for a long time.

10. _geo__

_geo__

@OnurYIL Congratulations to you too! Three apps in, that's awesome :)

I think @Inok has a point though. Some apps may fall from top 20 to 80 but I am not sure it's just 15 apps. I estimate more like 30-50 will stay and the others will battle for rank 50 to 100 (I hope I am proven wrong). If 25k is still enough my app could be in the top 100 next month too.

It certainly won't get easier in the coming months, so let's get to it and make some more great apps!

11. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

Don't count me %100 on that but they will probably send mails this week.

12. pl_ayground

pl_ayground

My app also made it to top 100. No email yet. Getting a little bit nervous. What is taking them so long?

13. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

A pesimist guess from me would be that they are nitpicking every single app and game so that they can eliminate them and lower the cost. A more logical one would be that they're working on stuff like taxes which might take a bit time.

14. milkymomo

milkymomo

IKR. I am so nervous. Anyone tries uploading new games? Also, I saw some games that got quite famous last competition got removed from the store.

15. prernamalik

prernamalik

Hi Guys.
    My app listed was top one of top 100 in Feb incentive program. I din't get any communication yet.
    Also tizen team says that application wining stats can be verified from "My Entry" .
    Even though my app was in top 100 status is still "Approval" .Not sure if this is the case with me or with any others also.

16. Yukihirotkyo

Yukihirotkyo

hi everyone!
    I wrote them, and they answered me, that they confirm that I am in the top 100 and they will soon contact me! no worries guys, just patience!

maxinteractive likes this.
  17. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

18. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

Check your inbox, instructions arrived.
    5 documents todo... What's a certificates of residence ?

19. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

A document that have information about your registered address.

20. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

My problem is with the Tax document. What is TIN?

21. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

Tax identity number, a unique number assigned to u by your country tax authority.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  22. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

thank u! like a proof of residence document. e.g, bank statements, utility bills

23. Yukihirotkyo

Yukihirotkyo

what about Certificate of Residence it must be in ENG? do we need to translate this doc and notarize it?

24. milkymomo

milkymomo

So complicated :(

25. Wadjey

Wadjey

I don't know why they want to complicate all things... So strange really!!! Don't they already requested all the necessary information when registering in the Tizen Store!
    In the past, I've won a challenge with Nokia, and I've received the prize within few days in my bank account without sending any document.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  26. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

In my country, you get the document in local language, buy a translation service from a certified translator then notarize it.

27. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

The only complicated document really is the tax document. Rest is just filled with simple information like bank account, application id and such.

Invoice is just filling out some easy fields.

Confirmation Authority is just a name and a sign.

Pledge is just name, content id of the winner app and a sign.

Basic information that required in the mail. Just copy that part and fill it in the mail when you send the printed copies of signed documents.

Edit: Removed the information about cerification of residence. More info in comments later on.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    MrEsquire likes this.
  28. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

@_geo__ Are you around here? We might need your help a bit :p

29. Yukihirotkyo

Yukihirotkyo

In invoice doc. there is error in the word, look at Gananam-gu, must be Gangnam-gu. Not critical, But just in case...

maxinteractive likes this.
  30. milkymomo

milkymomo

LOL

31. cris_brown1010

cris_brown1010

Guys I live in USA , what is the certificate of residence and TIN ? we dont use these things here , we have Social security number is this what they need ? but this number is private not for share. please i need a help

32. warren-miller-maltd

warren-miller-maltd

I don't believe this is the case - it's a government document. I've asked them to clarify...

33. warren-miller-maltd

warren-miller-maltd

Certificate of Residence in the UK is not that simple to get hold of - it can take up for 35 days to receive ,and Samsun want the documents within 7 days. Nail biting stuff!

34. cris_brown1010

cris_brown1010

I live in USA , i'm searching online i could not find anything about how can i get this document "Certificate of Residence"

35. Yukihirotkyo

Yukihirotkyo

36. _geo__

_geo__

@OnurYIL: I am here reading all this but I have not yet recevied any e-mails from Tizen. The "My Entry" shows that I am a winner so I guess it's just delayed.

Last time I participated it was as a company and thus the TIN was easy to find (companys Tax-ID). This time I put it in as an individual (also my Tizen Seller Account is that of an individual, not a company) so we will see if they want a Tax ID again (I guess yes).

Thanks to all for sharing the required docs. Has anyone sent a "Confirmation Authority" in none-translated form and received positive feedback?
    Getting these things translated is a real pain.

I'll be back with more infos (or an enraged rant) after I have got my e-mail (or not).

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    OnurYIL likes this.
  37. cris_brown1010

cris_brown1010

38. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

After digging for some time, I learned that it's a document you get from goverment that verify you're a taxpayer of the country. It's required for avoiding a double tax payment. In my country, you have to apply for the document. But I believe you still get it instantly. Not sure though. You get the document from tax division of the goverment.

39. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

Will take mine, 14 working days to process and some $$$, if there is no screw-up in betweens.

If i remember correctly, previous Samsung contests only need to provide Certificate of Residence if you want to enjoy the benefits of reduced tax. So, i simply let them tax the maximum as mine's not in the treaty country anyway...

Somehow this time round, it's seems mandatory to provide. ( but they already max out the Tax in the form).

40. cris_brown1010

cris_brown1010

What we have to do then ?

41. cris_brown1010

cris_brown1010

the certificate of residence takes 45 days to get , this document is not common used here , please any help ????

42. _geo__

_geo__

To start the communictation process and reply within the given timeframe (7 days) seems to be the most important thing. If you have any documents that somehow confirm your current address as being correct then I would send them that and explain why the real doc is delayed and when they can expect to get it (in 45 days).

I quote from the TIzen "NOTICE" page (http://www.tizenincentive.com/notice/view.do?searchNoticeSeq=19&page=1):
    "Please note that if the reply is delayed or the documents for submission are insufficient, the incentive provision may be delayed or winner status may be canceled."

A lot of "may"s in there. Just make sure you keep the conversation going. My guess is that they won't kick you out just because your local government is working too slow.

Good luck!

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  43. cris_brown1010

cris_brown1010

Thank you !

44. _geo__

_geo__

Got my e-mail today (seems to have gotten lost on their end ;-).

What still worries me is this (I quote):
    "Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) must be indicated on your Certificate of Incorporation or Certificate of Residence"

Tax IDs are not shown on any sort of ID cards around here and as a private vendor I don't have a Certificate of Incorporation. Anyone got the same problem? What did you do?

Thanks

45. cris_brown1010

cris_brown1010

What country you live in ?

46. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

I will be using my national ID for tax id since where I live, if you're an individual person and not a company, you use that for all of your stuff. I also applied for certificate of residence yesterday and it will be ready in 1-2 days from now. I'll be sending an email with all the signed and printed docuuments and explain them that the certificate will take a few days.

Lets see.

47. _geo__

_geo__

@cris_brown1010
    I am from Austria.

@OnurYIL
    I don't think we have a national ID here. It's either your Tax ID or your Social Security Number.

How quick did you get feedback to your e-mail reply? I am still worried since I have asked them explicitly to confirm to me that they have received it, yet no response thus far.

If I have understood correctly then the post delivery of your orignal docs is required only after they ask for it by e-mail (that's what I am waiting for now). Seems like the same thing as last time, yet again, I am very nervous.

We should pay them some money, because this is more thrilling than any roller coaster ride you can buy :D

48. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

@_geo__ Hahaha, you're right about that.

I think there's a little bit of language barrier happening too. We're from all over the world, some are better in english then the others or vice versa. To add to this, they are from Korea and you can easily see the same thing while submitting the app to the tizen store. Their reasoning for the rejection is sometimes very hard to understand. The e-mail and the incentive site too, contains info that are sometimes hard to understand or misunderstood.

49. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

I have a question guys. On the Application for Non-Taxation document, there are fields filled with [Not filled], heh :D . Does that mean "do not fill"?

50. _geo__

_geo__

I'll check what I did last time, just a minute (will update once I know).

Update:
    At the bottom of the doc is a nice description on what to do. In addition to that I left (17)
    "Date of Payment" and "Cover Period" as [Not filled]. (15) and (16) I also left [Not filled] Also at the very bottom (near "Head of ...") dont't fill that date in. It's for them to fill out.

Hope this helps (this is no legal advice, just in case ;-)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.