Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Tizen Mobile App Incentive Program!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Buhlaine, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buhlaine

Buhlaine

Community Manager

tizen-challenge-front-opt.jpg

We've got a new great program coming for all of our Unity developers!

Win $10,000 for being in the monthly Top 100 apps on the Tizen Seller Store. This incentive program opens next year but we encourage you to start developing your app now, publish it in the store and start getting downloads! For more details, visit: bit.ly/2gt3yHl

Now get developing! If you haven't started developing for Tizen with Unity, we have some getting started resources here.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    John3D and schmosef like this.
  2. Gerold_Meisinger

Gerold_Meisinger

3. kenlem

kenlem

Is there some published list that shows the top 100 apps? Would love to see if any of mine are there.

Snupiman likes this.
  4. John3D

John3D

Nice contest!

5. zugsoft

zugsoft

Very good, for the previous contest I couldn't find a Samsung Tizen in time, but this time I will have the time to buy a Z2.
    I hope to be in the top100

6. 00christian00

00christian00

There are more than 100 apps on the Tizen store ? :D
    Btw, finally a context that doesn't end few months since the announcement.

EDIT
    I see one App can be paid only one time. What about multiple app of the same company?
    Can one get paid for 2 apps?
    Any data on the demographic of Tizen marketplace?

7. zugsoft

zugsoft

For me it's $10'000 for each game in the top 100 you have
    And the masketplace is India mainly for the moment.

00christian00 likes this.
  8. Buhlaine

Buhlaine

Community Manager

Cheers everyone, to anyone asking about rules / restrictions they will be coming with the official launch of the event next year. We just wanted to make sure you have enough lead time to actually prepare.

9. tsangwailam

tsangwailam

Anyone know how to test if no Tizen device?

CyberScopes likes this.
  10. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

Any news on extending support into the Gear S2 and S3?

BKMAK likes this.
  11. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

Use Remote Testing Lab: http://developer.samsung.com/rtlLanding.do

Be careful though, Tizen is very strict on their validation. I had 1 "rate the game" button which wasn't doing anything because it's not possible to implement the feature on Tizen (as far as I know) and they rejected it with 3 video reply of the same problem where the button does nothing.

CyberScopes, Le_Tai and tsangwailam like this.
  12. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

This is getting crazy. Tizen just rejected my application because of Unity's own "Dropdown" component. They sent a video and said that was working slow and rejected the game. This is the 4th rejection because of a single basic ui element. I'm afraid next time they will reject because I used 2 different fonts on the ui.

13. Delgada89

Delgada89

Still can't get my app to start on the RTL and the validator is having the same problem on his device.

14. Gerold_Meisinger

Gerold_Meisinger

Can anyone use the Remote Testing Lab on the Indian servers? I'm always getting a connection error.

Update: not working for others

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  15. raydekk

raydekk

I can't even create an account at https://www.tizen.org/. It says "Further instructions have been sent to your e-mail address." but the email never arrives. Resending the email has the same outcome and trying to recreate the account results in "That account name has been taken".

Edit: my bad...tizen mails get automatically sent to spam by gmail :(

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  16. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

I wonder when more information is coming. We're already in the first month of the challenge. Also, "Top 100" is unclear. Top 100 free? Top 100 most downloaded apps of all time? Top 100 most downloaded apps of that month?

17. Inok

Inok

After fix strange unity bug (to fix it i reset player settings and setup them from scratch) i finally able to test my game on tizen emulator, game work but looks like emulator give bad perfomance even with cpu and gpu virtualization enabled, only 30-35 fps, not sure what fps expect on real devices

18. Gerold_Meisinger

Gerold_Meisinger

19. Snupiman

Snupiman

Maaan I have a hard time googling about current Tizen phones on the market! I can't even be bothered googling about how to sign up for developers account. I can publish games for iOS, Android, Oculus, used to Amazon and BB but I am just like others. I spend time learning how to publish to BB then it got busted, I spend time on Amazon but I never got to like it. And I bought windows phone but I never published a game because I don't give a fliping monkey about store that is run by corporate morons! Tizen looks like it's just a big PR buble. This 10k competition is a joke! They should really work on their wiki pages and tizen udemy classes. I can sh*t suggestions on how they can attract developers without incentives. This is just a lame corporate approach. Devs anit fliping strippers TIZEN!

Salazar, MrEsquire and Wadjey like this.
  20. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Yes the whole competition and whole advertising deal with Unity total joke.
    Unity representatives not replying because they know its true.
    Lets see if anyone got paid from first competition.

Please fix your buggy Tizen platform and get proper adverts + Inapps working correctly..

Salazar, Snupiman and Wadjey like this.
  21. creat327

creat327

I tried to find a tizen phone all over... no luck. You can only run it on an emulator. My guess is that this thing zero users. They should at least give us a way to be able to participate (like a phone or something!)

22. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

The phones are only available in India. There's a system called Remote Test Lab. You can test your games on there.

23. Maulwurfmann

Maulwurfmann

I want to apply for this contest but i do not receive the Validation E-Mail.

Could it be that i need a Commerical Seller Status instead of Free distribution Seller?
    Or is there a other reason it does not work?

24. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

Also, check your spam folder.

25. LilGames

LilGames

I see the word "Tizen" and never know what the hell it is. (Bad marketing!)

theolagendijk and MrEsquire like this.
  26. Xaron

Xaron

Anyone is taking part? I've had a really hard time with their validation process but finally made it into the contest. As this is my first tizen app at all and I never had a hand on such a device, what kind of download numbers are "good"? I'll let you know how many I had in February as soon as the numbers are fixed and let you know if it was enough to get into the top 100 (which I doubt I will get into).

Snupiman likes this.
  27. shadurin

shadurin

I think this number is near 50 000 - 100 000 downloads per month according to Tizen statistics.

Xaron likes this.
  28. Jonny-Roy

Jonny-Roy

The game I made for the Gear S2 got 20,000 downloads in 2 months, but then it got banned for using undocumented API's as for the phones, I've not yet done a release for those, but as far as I can tell there isn't a huge amount of competition.

29. RafaelAlcantara

RafaelAlcantara

I have a game published on Google Play and Windows Store and I can't even build it for Tizen. Maybe the Unity Plugin for Tizen is not working properly.

30. zugsoft

zugsoft

The review process is very strange, I try to publish 3 games since January and they always refuse them for some reasons.
    My game are available on iOS, Android for more than 2 years.

Wadjey likes this.
  31. MrEsquire

MrEsquire

Yes had to publish game least 5 times, kept refusing different thing each time, they over do the QA process, things that are suppose to happen in the game they regard as bugs, they want the game to be as bug free as possible but I think they shooting themselves in the foot. You need build up the Tizen platform and accept as much as one can then do the cleanup process when you got your whole platform solid and bug free themselves.

32. zugsoft

zugsoft

For example they refused a game because it's not possible to pause the game, but it's normal , it's a multiplayer game.

33. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

They refused my game because one Text field was overlapping SLIGHTLY to another one. Heh.

MrEsquire likes this.
  34. Wadjey

Wadjey

For me, the guy of their QA team started clicking on the mute button of my game VERY VERY quickly like a crazy man for about 50 consecutive times, and because the button is animated, it stopped playing it's animation properly (but still working fine to mute the sound). Then they decided to reject my game!!!
    I don't understand anymore, they're doing a quality assurance test or a stress test on a mute button!!!
    I have an advice for game developers, if you want to do a beta test for your game, just send it to the Tizen store QA team and they will do the job for you, they will find every unimaginable bug for you and completely for free ;)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  35. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

So, anyone have any download numbers for february? Did you join the incentive program? How many downloads did you get for the first month? I think it's okay to share since the month is already over.

My game had 62000 downloads.

36. Wadjey

Wadjey

About 3000 downloads :D

37. zugsoft

zugsoft

15000 downloads in 1 week, with 3000downloads some days.
    It's not enough, I really think we need 10000 downloads per day to reach the top100

38. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

Nope, my game is in the list of top 20 apps of january 2017 and it had around 100k downloads in that month. Never went up to 10000. Most was 8000, and average was 4000. That list also includes apps like whatsapp and facebook.

39. Inok

Inok

I also spend around 3/4 of month to get my game to store, it was rejected 3 times, last reject was with so stupid reason: my game have button that work as vehicle brake but it have icon like pause (2 vertical lines) and validation tester think that this button must work as game pause but for sure it not work as pause and he reject.

40. _geo__

_geo__

Yeah, Tizen Review is pretty in depth. I had an update rejected because, according to them, the screen was cut off at the top. In fact the header menu was missing. I did this on purpose to not confuse new players. They compared a version with a level 10 player to a level 0 player. I then sent them an explanation and a link to a video from Extra Credits (Tutorial 101) and it passed :D

I try to see it like @Wajdik: it's free testing, wohoo!
    You also have to give them credit for making really nice nonverbal test videos.
    /s

I have had 93,682 downloads in Feb. (3,3k avg, top day: 7k, bottom day: 1k)
    I hope it's enough.

Tomorrow we will know:
    http://www.tizenincentive.com/top100.do

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    Wadjey likes this.
  41. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

Nice! Was your game in the top free section of the Tizen Store? If so, what was the highest point it went?

42. _geo__

_geo__

I have not checked every day but it definitely cracked top 30 once (I think it was 25 or something but I honestly don't remember). I had two devices (Z2 and Z3) and even on those two the top free lists differed. My guess is that they are personalized or localized to some extent. Thus I am not sure if those ranks I saw are a good estimate.

Does anybody know a web site on which we can check ranks?

43. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

@_Geo_ Thanks for the answer. The strange thing is that my game which had less downloads than yours went up to top 20 on top free list on different devices and servers and made me think that I have a chance to make into top 100. I still think I have a chance but seeing your stats makes me a little bit nervous :p. On January, another one of my game was listed in Tizen top 20 apps list released by them. That game had 100k downloads though but that list included every singe app/game on the store, including Whatsapp and Facebook etc.

44. _geo__

_geo__

@OnurYIL No need to be nervous :D - I have been sick for 2 weeks in february and didn't really check regulary. Top 30 is the confirmed number. It may be that the app climbed even higher. It's hard to say. I sure hope I am in. The app`s downloads have dropped continuously during the last few weeks. This might be the only chance I get with that game.

45. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

@_Geo_ Alright. Hope you're better now and hope to see you and me on that list :D

46. _geo__

_geo__

@OnurYIL Thanks. I hope to see us both and many other none prank app makers on that list too :D

OnurYIL likes this.
  47. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

@_Geo_ Yeah, I think when they made this announcement;

"4) In the interest of fairness, apps deemed as violating fair practices are disqualified from the program. Developers of disqualified apps will be notified individually via e-mail."

they were talking about that. Things like a wallpaper with a finger print supposed to check your "hearth rate".

48. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

@_Geo_ It's here! Go check out now!

49. maxinteractive

maxinteractive

Feb Results out!
    Oh Boy! first round was intense, no surprise all the big studios WON consistently...
    Mine in the lower 50's ranking with >58k DL each, anything less then 25k don't stand a chance, hope it will improve as all the big boys thin out...
    Have a mix of html5 and unity engine games, again unity proven to be the superior engine for game making....

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    OnurYIL likes this.
  50. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

Oh boy, I've got 3 of them. Oh boy. I have mixed feelings right now.

_geo__ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.