Search Unity

Tizen incentive - who takes part?

Discussion in 'Tizen' started by Xaron, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Xaron

Xaron

Hey all,

as there is this incentive program running at the moment I'm curious who of you is taking part? I never had an app in the tizen store before and it looks like there aren't that many.

So what kind of download numbers can someone expect there for a free app? Is 100 per day "good"? The main market seems to be India?

Cheers!

2. Xaron

Xaron

So I'm the only one from all Unity devs here? Unbelievable but probably good for me. lol

3. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

@Xaron, There are probably tons of them, they just don't want to reply or don't check the forums. As for your question, 100 daily is nowhere near ok, let alone good. You probably need atleast 3000+ daily downloads to be on the top 100.

Xaron likes this.
  4. Xaron

Xaron

Thanks! But I think 3000+ daily is way too much. With that download count I already enter the top 100 for Android. ;) Depends on the category and country of course. Well ya, let's see. There are below 100,000 apps in the Tizen store up to date.

5. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

Nope, I already have multiple apps and games on Tizen store. One with 5000+ went up to #5 and others with around 3000+ went up to around 40 on top free list. Including the older apps and games that are not in the top list but still there and popular, it's safe to assume, lets say, 2000+ at LEAST to get into monthly top 100, imho.

Depends on country, of course, but Tizen is only available on India.

6. Xaron

Xaron

Thank you very much for your insights! :) In that case I have nil chance.

7. _geo__

_geo__

@Xaron: Just wanted to confirm OnurYIL's observations. 3k+ got me into top 40 last month. Just a few months ago 4k+ was enough to compete for top 10. That marketplace is getting crowded.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  8. OnurYIL

OnurYIL

Yep, tonnes of fake/prank apps are on top right now. Hope they do not accept them for incentive. That's just so wrong. Most of them displays 1 wallpaper and nothing else.

Actually, half of the store is filled with these and the love text/whatsapp status apps.

9. Xaron

Xaron

Thanks for your input guys! :) I really hope that some of your will be in that list and hopefully not any of those crap apps...

Personally I have about 100 downloads per day. Might be enough for the top 1000. lol

10. _geo__

_geo__

Yep, lot's of prank apps in there. Don't know how they achieve this many downloads to be in the top free.

With their detailed review process I am really surprised they don't focus on quality as well (they sure do some in depth testing on other things). Looks a little like the early days of windows store to me (they just want to see the number of apps in the store go up).

@Xaron:
    If you want some more numbers, some people have shared their stats here:
    https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/tizen-mobile-app-incentive-program.445832

11. Crichton333

Crichton333

The Tizen program is targeted for India, the motherland of android farms.

MrEsquire likes this.