Search Unity

Tizen build not starting up on device/emulator.

Discussion in 'Tizen' started by dimtreo, Feb 26, 2017.

1. dimtreo

dimtreo

Hello,

I'm having problems when I build our game for Tizen, currently I'm using Unity 5.5.1p2. I do not have a Tizen device, but I've uploaded it to the Tizen store and it was rejected based on the fact, that it doesn't run. Then I've tested it on an emulator (which I should have done first, I know now), the result is the same. Here is the output of "sdb dlog -s Unity" when I try to run the game on the emulator:

https://gist.github.com/sholev/e01e982e23be445035606b90ef63de9c

The obvious thing is that there are a lot of problems with the shaders. However I'm clueless to how can I solve this. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

Though OpenGL ES 3 is an option there are no devices that currently support it. Try changing your graphics API to either automatic or only OpenGL ES 2.0.

3. dimtreo

dimtreo

Thank you very much for the help. It was set to automatic, setting it to only 2.0 seems to have solved the issue.

The other problem I'm having is that now when I run the application, the emulator goes black screen. I can hear the sound of the game so I think it should be fine, cause I'm reading about this black screen and seems to be an emulator issue. The recommended fixes for disabling GPU and/or CPU VT just make the emulator not run properly at all.

I guess I will try it on my work pc when I get a chance, however it seems that the game is running now. I guess I should get a device to be able to properly test things.

4. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

My guess is that your emulator is set to OpenGL ES 2.0/3.0. It appears to not work well but ES 1.1/2.0 does.

5. dimtreo

dimtreo

Where is this setting, can't seem to find it in the Tizen studio emulator settings?

6. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

If you select an emulator and press Edit it is the Open GL ES Ver setting in the General group.

7. dimtreo

dimtreo

Is this what I should be looking at:

2017-02-27.png

Cause I can't seem to find it.

Edit: I guess I haven't installed the latest emulator, gonna try to update and see if there is anything more to that.

8. Masterfalcon

Masterfalcon

Unity Technologies

That is very strange. Perhaps try creating a new one as well.

9. dimtreo

dimtreo

Even updated and it is still missing that option. Tried creating new emulators, it isn't available. Can't get it to run the game properly. For now I'll call it a night and try again tomorrow after work, or at work if I have the opportunity. Thank you for your time.

10. dimtreo

dimtreo

All right, found a bit of time today and I'm trying to figure this out again. In the emulator documentation it is stated that the OpenGL® ES version can be changed on Mac OS, so I'm assuming that this is not available in Windows for some reason.

I've updated to the latest currently available version of the emulator (3.0) and the game is still having problems starting up:
    https://gist.github.com/sholev/bc742a2db78727b4629463d5599e2b2f

Those are the logs of a development build. The selected graphics API in the rendering player settings is OpenGLES2.

However when I make it a normal build (the development checkbox is left unchecked, no logging enabled), and I run it on the older 2.4 emulator, I can hear the music of the game playing, on a black screen. The same build doesn't produce sound on the 3.0 emulator - it just shows a black screen. Whenever it is a development build, the game doesn't start at all on either emulator.

I'm not sure where to go from here. :(

11. thegabba

thegabba

Hi I'm experiencing the same issue... I can't figure out the solution to this black screen. Did your game finally run properly by any chance?

12. dimtreo

dimtreo

I gave up on trying to build our game for Tizen unfortunately. I'd love to see a solution too, even if I don't plan to get back into it.

13. thegabba

thegabba

Any news about the black screen issue? I'm experiencing the same problem and I can't figure out how to solve it.

14. thegabba

thegabba

I write this for everyone is struggling with this problem. This issue seems to be unsolvable but I tried to send it to Tizen for the review anyway and it works on their devices. So, assuming your application works within the Unity editor, be confident and send the application for the review.
    Regards,
    Gabriele