Search Unity

Audio Tired of the triviality of the sound for unity

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by afshin_a_1, Dec 21, 2019.

1. afshin_a_1

afshin_a_1

one of the most important part of a game or real time animation is absolutely sounds.
    and since unity 4 we can't see much difference in case of sound features. yes i remember years ago some new features had been added to unity 5 but we're in 2020 and yet we can't see much difference between unity 4.6 and today's version of unity.
    i think we need at least every 6 month a new audio feature or enhancement in previous features.
    we had a horror game last year. horror games have a lot of focus on sounds, and we did all of our audio systems in codes. why audio source must be only sphericular? why after all these years we still don't have a nicely and optimised spatial audio system? why we don't have zone system?

if you also Tired of the triviality of the sound for unity and want to see some audio features in unity 2019.3 or 2020 give it a comment below, tell us what you think, what do you suggest... so unity devs can see it.

Thanks in advance for participating in this discussion

joshcamas and lightbeauty like this.
  2. lightbeauty

lightbeauty

i really like to see some in-editor improvements.
    like things you said, like selecting only a part of a full sound clip to use. creating parts from one sound clip.
    i think they're planning new audio features only for dots in future. probably in 2020.