Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Tips for shrinking the size of Uber Post Processing 2 in WebGL scene bundles

Discussion in 'Image Effects' started by bigbrainz, Feb 15, 2019.

1. bigbrainz

bigbrainz

Could someone please post some wise advice about how to limit the size impact of Post-Processing 2 on our Scene bundles.
    1. Is there some way to keep it from being included in ALL our scene bundles? Since it's already included in our main build?
    2. Any special tips on how we can limit how big its included size is? We're only using Occlusion and Glow.
    3. What is the best way to keep AreaTex.tga out of our builds? It's over 1/4MB and I don't believe we need it or use it. Same question for all the Blue Noise 256px files that it sucks in. Can/Should I just delete those from the packages area?
    4. This might tie in to #2, but it seems to be making hundreds of Render Variants. Any tips for how to shrink that?
    5. Can we put it in its own bundle to keep it from getting pulled into all the scene bundles?
    Thank you, thank you for any help you can provide.

2. AdamandEveStudios

AdamandEveStudios

4 years later and I have the same question ^

3. AdamandEveStudios

AdamandEveStudios

Uber.Shader is 483.5KB
    AreaTex.tga takes up a whopping 350KB
    BlueNoise256px *8 = 350KB range

+ many other useless textures that arent being used. If I enable post processing surely there must be a way to optionally disable / strip unused effects from the final build?