Search Unity

Tips for Cinemachine for 3rd person VR games?

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Alverik, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Alverik

Alverik

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to use Cinemachine in 3rd person VR games? (like lucky's tale or Chronos). I know that instead of moving the camera itself you have to move the entire rig instead, but since it may need tricks or work arounds, step by step directions would be useful (I think I've heard of people parenting objects to virtual cameras to drive objects' movement in the past, so I imagine it'll be something similar? or am I stuck with dolly paths?)... I'm personally interested in doing classic adventure games (or hybrids) and strategy games and other third person games in VR.

Anyway, I really hope 3rd person for VR starts getting some more attention soon from Cinemachine. It has it's own joys and challenges. And, same as with regular PC games, I really doubt all VR games are going to be in first person...

2. JakubSmaga

JakubSmaga

3. Alverik

Alverik

Strange, I'm pretty sure I was in the Cinemachine forums when I posted (cause I was reading about Cinemachine's last update)... Is there any way to move a thread?

4. JakubSmaga

JakubSmaga

Nope, just create a new one.

Alverik likes this.