Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Tip: Do NOT Upgrade VisualStudio with Unity 2018.1 Beta ?

Discussion in '2018.1 Beta' started by Xander-Davis, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Xander-Davis

Xander-Davis

Tip: Do NOT Upgrade VisualStudio with Unity 2018.1 Beta-- because it just failed to upgrade and now I have to download the Unity 2018.1 beta installer and re-install VS from there.

Any idea if that's expected behavior since this is a Beta? Was VisualStudio confused? Or is this a new bug? I just got this upgrade pop-up in VS tonight.

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

What do you mean by upgrading VS with Unity? Could you please explicitly state what you did, what you expected to happen and what actually happened?

3. Xander-Davis

Xander-Davis

Just the VS that came with Unity. If that is special in any way, particularly because of the beta, perhaps it's different than a separate download and install of VS? Either way, once I opened a C# script to edit it, VS quickly said there was now an update available and if I would like to do it. I clicked yes, and then it popped up that it failed to upgrade. This broke VS, which also created a blocking error in Unity preventing playback of gameplay. So I had to reinstall it from the 2018.1b12 installer.

LeonhardP likes this.