Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny3D Build Error

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by tommyp_unity, Nov 5, 2020.

1. tommyp_unity

tommyp_unity

I am currently running Unity 2020.1.10f1 and Project Tiny 0.31 and I cannot get it to build the latest Tiny3D example provided. I am trying to complete a Web (Wasm) build but keep being given this error.

Code (csharp):
    1. Build Wasm failed after 7.36s.
    2. [             ] Require frontend run.  artifacts\tundra_tiny3d-wasm_ehs.dag.json does not exist yet
    3. *** buildprogram build success (0.14 seconds), 0 items updated, 13 evaluated
    4. error: Value cannot be null.
    5. Parameter name: executableStringFor (System.ArgumentNullException)
    6.   at Bee.Core.Backend.AddAction
    7.   at Bee.NativeProgramSupport.CLikeCompiler.SetupInvocation
    8.   at Bee.NativeProgramSupport.NativeProgram.SetupObjectFilesAndSetupBuiltNativeProgram
    9.   at Bee.NativeProgramSupport.NativeProgram.SetupSpecificConfigurationImpl
    10.   at Bee.NativeProgramSupport.NativeProgram.SetupSpecificConfiguration
    11.   at WebPBuildCustomizer.Customize
    12.   at DotsBuildCustomizer.RunAllCustomizers
    13.   at BuildProgram.Main
    14.   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod
    15.   at Bee.StandaloneBeeDriver.CreateBuildGraph
    16.   at Bee.StandaloneBeeDriver.InvokeTundra
    17.   at Bee.StandaloneBeeDriver.BuildMain
    18.   at Bee.StandaloneBeeDriver.Main
    20. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object, Object)
    21. Unity.Build.ResultBase:LogResult() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.9.0-preview.9/Editor/Unity.Build/ResultBase.cs:60)
    22. Unity.Build.Editor.<>c:<.cctor>b__29_1(BuildConfiguration) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.9.0-preview.9/Editor/Unity.Build.Editor/BuildConfigurationInspector.cs:45)
    23. Unity.Build.Editor.<>c__DisplayClass25_0:<Build>b__0() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.platforms@0.9.0-preview.9/Editor/Unity.Build.Editor/BuildConfigurationInspector.cs:106)
    24. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

Attached Files:

2. tommyp_unity

tommyp_unity

Update:
    I managed to get builds working for both Windows and Web. I was using Rider with both .Net Development SDK and Windows 10 SDK installed but was running into many issues. It wasn't until I installed Visual Studio Community that it finally allowed me to complete both Windows and Web builds. It isn't obvious in the getting started guide that the web development requires the windows development requirements as well.

ttw1993 likes this.
  3. andybak

andybak

I'm slightly confused here. An editor shouldn't make any difference to builds so there must be some components that get installed when you install Visual Studio. Presumably these could be installed separately.

I'm on a laptop with a small and nearly full SSD and I'm really keen not to install the whole of Visual Studio just to try out a Project Tiny WASM build.

Does anyone know specifically what needs installing?

4. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

5. CharanjeetSinghJaswani

CharanjeetSinghJaswani

i am trying to create android build but its is showing error
    can anyone knows what is the problem here

Build Android failed after 20.03s.
    [ ] Require frontend run. artifacts\tundra_tinytest-android_6vd.dag.json does not exist yet
    *** buildprogram build success (0.83 seconds), 0 items updated, 13 evaluated
    error: WindowsDummySdk has not provided information on how to actually invoke the C++ compiler (C_Win64_). (System.InvalidOperationException)
    at Bee.NativeProgramSupport.CLikeCompiler.SetupInvocation
    at Bee.NativeProgramSupport.NativeProgram.SetupObjectFilesAndSetupBuiltNativeProgram
    at Bee.NativeProgramSupport.NativeProgram.SetupSpecificConfigurationImpl
    at Bee.NativeProgramSupport.NativeProgram.SetupSpecificConfiguration
    at WebPBuildCustomizer.Customize
    at DotsBuildCustomizer.RunAllCustomizers
    at BuildProgram.Main
    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod
    at Bee.StandaloneBeeDriver.CreateBuildGraph
    at Bee.StandaloneBeeDriver.InvokeTundra
    at Bee.StandaloneBeeDriver.BuildMain
    at Bee.StandaloneBeeDriver.Main