Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny2D project in Unity 2020 doesn't show anything

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by mattbrandmm, Mar 3, 2021.

1. mattbrandmm

mattbrandmm

Hey all! I am trying to get sprites to render in Tiny 2D using Unity 2020.2.2f1. I have been successful with 3D objects, but cannot seem to get sprites to work.

I tried in my own project, and when that didn't work I downloaded https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ProjectTinySamples and opened Tiny2D with that same version of Unity, but the same thing is happening. If I open the subscene I can see the sprite in the game view. But when I press play, I see nothing.

I did get a warning about materials when I first opened Tiny2D with 2020.2.2f1, but I don't see any materials to change in the one Hexagon sprite that the project uses.

Anyone have any luck getting sprites to render with Unity Tiny in 2020.2?

2. mattbrandmm

mattbrandmm

Actually I just tried it with 2020.1.17f1, which is the version that it has in projectVersion.txt in the repository, and same result, so it's not 2020.2. Anyone have any luck opening this project and running it at all?

3. mattbrandmm

mattbrandmm

OK so I can get the sprite to show up if I build and run it, and it deploys to a browser. Do I have to have a scripting define symbol in the Project Settings to get things to be seen in play mode? Something like ENABLE_HYBRID_RENDERER?

4. Maras

Maras

Hey, AFAIK play mode is not supported yet, you will need to build the game to debug. (dot.net should be the fastest)

Sab_Rango and mattbrandmm like this.
  5. mattbrandmm

mattbrandmm

Maras likes this.