Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny Project support

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by veteran_gamer, Feb 20, 2022.

1. veteran_gamer

veteran_gamer

Hello everyone ,

as defined by
    System Requirements Does Tiny Project Support Visual Studio 2022 workloads ? I'm using Windows 11 Pro .

tho I used a sample from GitHub and could run scene but nothing shows up also when I run& build using Asset > Build settings I got these error :
    occurred when attempting to connect to the Unity shader compiler: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Compiler Socket Exception: Terminating shader compiler process
    Shader compiler: Compile simple.cg: Internal error communicating with the shader compiler process. Please report a bug including this shader and the editor log.
    Platform: gles

SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Build Asmjs failed after 8.16s.
    Failed to export configuration scene

it's weird does the shader compiler used is hosted in local node service i.e node.js daemon ?

I've no issue when using the normal Unity Editor . Do I need any additional settings setup -edit build configurations ?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022
  2. veteran_gamer

veteran_gamer

Update :

I create dump Debug and attack the service using task manger to see which dependencies it's load

turns out there' some error in vs console

UnityShaderCompiler.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.26f1\Editor\Data\Tools\UnityShaderCompiler.exe'.
    'UnityShaderCompiler.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ws2_32.dll'.
    'UnityShaderCompiler.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.26f1\Editor\Data\Tools\glslang.dll'.
    'UnityShaderCompiler.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.26f1\Editor\Data\Tools\spirv-cross-c-shared.dll'. Module was built without symbols.
    UnityShaderCompiler.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2020.3.26f1\Editor\Data\Tools\D3Dcompiler_47.dll'

3. veteran_gamer

veteran_gamer

Update : it seems that you have to download same version of the original template samples project which is 2020.1.7

also just in case go to DOTS > Clear Entity catch

4. veteran_gamer

veteran_gamer

it seems it doesn't support vs2022 workloads :(