Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny project not working on iOS Safari

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by uexilon, Mar 17, 2021.

1. uexilon

uexilon

I have been testing Unity Tiny Version 0.32 and it works on Android (Chrome & Firefox), Windows (Chrome, Edge, Firefox), and iOS (Chrome). But it's not working on iOS Safari... In the documentation, it is written that the browser itself should not make any difference on iOS as they are all built on top of WKWebView (Webkit). I tried both wasm and asmjs, but there was no difference. I am running iOS 14.4 on an iPhone SE (Old one, not 2020).
    Why is only Safari on iOS not working? Am I missing something?

Link to build that works everywhere except iOS Safari (https://uexilon.ch/UnityTest/MDU.html)

Thanks for any help or clue about what's going on
    Kind Regards Michael

2. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Are there any errors from the browser console that we can look at?

3. uexilon

uexilon

I would love to provide those or actually even see them myself, but Apple only allows remote console access through Safari on Mac OS afaik and I do not own a Mac. There are some discussed work-arounds on the internet to (maybe) getting it working on Windows :S I'll look into it... Not sure why it is so freakin hard for apple to let us access a log file on the device... Just Apple being Apple I guess.

4. djsell

djsell

You're an apple.

5. uexilon

uexilon

So I made some quick checks with BrowserStack. They have an (according to them at least... not emulated) iPhone SE first Gen but on iOS 11 instead of 14.4. And of course, it works there. Also tested it with other devices on Browserstack and they all worked but my personal iPhone still only displays an empty site :S
    I then went on and got the iOS proxy working so I can debug it using the chrome console.. Here is the entire Log:

Code (CSharp):
    2. Streamed scene with   4ms latency from Data/SubScenes/46b433b264c69cbd39f04ad2e5d12be8.0.entities    MDU.html:140
    3. Streamed scene with   3ms latency from Data/SubScenes/9fc0d4010bbf28b4594072e72b8655ab.0.entities   MDU.html:140
    4. HTML Window init.    MDU.html:140
    5. setCanvasSize True 568px 226px (backing 1136 452, dpi scale 2)    MDU.html:140
    No errors are thrown... Nothing suspicious as far as I can see.
    Checking on the Networking side, I can see that safari indeed downloaded the HTML file and the font image.

6. uexilon

uexilon

Well.. I... figured it out. A few months ago I was experimenting with webgl 2.0 on the iPhone and activated it in the experimental features tab of iOS Safari.. and left it activated... So there's the problem.. I turned it off and it instantly worked.

AbdulAlgharbi likes this.