Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny mode 0.13.4 - preview is out!

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by AbdulAlgharbi, Dec 13, 2018.

1. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

We have released Tiny mode 0.13.4 - preview that includes:
    • Bug fixes and performance improvements
    • Enhancements to the bitmap fonts rendering on canvas
    • Fix typescript Vector2/3/etc. aliases and declarations
    • Improve the WebGL rendering initializations and deinitialization
    • Fix Physics Velocity components to allow setting velocity properly

To get the update:
    • Close the current tiny project
    • Go to the package manager, select tiny mode and click update
    • Update the runtime, from Tiny Menu > Update runtime
    • Re-import the tiny samples to get the latest fixes
    • Enjoy the tiny mode!

Please use the Unity version 2018.3.0f1 or higher

2. Raspilicious

Raspilicious

Fantastic! Thank you very much! :D :D :D

AbdulAlgharbi likes this.
  3. sathya

sathya

Is it possible to use nine patch images in UI ?

4. SzymonUnity3d

SzymonUnity3d

Unity Technologies

5. sathya

sathya

Also, Entity EntityGroups are not getting saved when unloading the project.
    I created one EntityGroup added uicanvas to it with few UI elements. saved it. and closed it. and unity prompted again to save the unsaved changes. Opened the projects again now all the entities in EntityGroup are gone and only empty EntityGroup was visible in the scene Hierarchy. But if I unload the EntityGroup then save the project all changes remain intact. Am I doing something wrong?
    [Edit]
    It works fine if i save the project from Menu item Tiny-> Fiel -> Save and close the project with the menu item. Ctrl+S does not save the project and discards all the child entities of EntityGroup

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
  6. etienne_unity

etienne_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @sathya

This is a bug we've seen in the past, but could not reproduce reliably. Does the problem persist after restarting Unity?

7. sathya

sathya

Yes. It Happens like 6 out of 10 times.

8. sathya

sathya

When I try to drag some entity and press escape with the mouse down, entity gets destroyed and Undo does not work. Have to reload the tiny project to recover it. Is it a known issue?
    Here is the exception thrown

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. Unity.Tiny.EntityAdapterUtility.DrawEntityHeader (Unity.Tiny.UIVisitContext`1[Unity.Tiny.TinyEntity]& context) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.13.2-preview/Editor/GUI/Adapters/IMGUI/EntityAdapterUtility.cs:29)
    3. Unity.Tiny.ComponentFamilyAdapter.VisitEntity[TContainer] (TContainer& container, Unity.Tiny.UIVisitContext`1[Unity.Tiny.TinyEntity]& context) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.13.2-preview/Editor/GUI/Adapters/IMGUI/ComponentFamilyAdapter.cs:106)
    4. Unity.Tiny.ComponentFamilyAdapter.CustomClassVisit[TContainer] (TContainer& container, Unity.Tiny.UIVisitContext`1[Unity.Tiny.TinyEntity]& context) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.13.2-preview/Editor/GUI/Adapters/IMGUI/ComponentFamilyAdapter.cs:31)
    5. Unity.Tiny.GUIVisitor.Unity.Properties.IPropertyVisitor.CustomVisit[TContainer,TValue] (TContainer container, Unity.Properties.VisitContext`1[TValue] context) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.13.2-preview/Editor/GUI/GUIVisitor.cs:166)
    6. Unity.Properties.PropertyVisitorExtensions.ExcludeOrCustomVisit[TContainer,TValue] (Unity.Properties.IPropertyVisitor visitor, TContainer container, Unity.Properties.VisitContext`1[TValue] context) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.properties@0.4.0-preview/Unity.Properties/IPropertyVisitor.cs:275)
    7. Unity.Properties.ClassValueClassProperty`2[TContainer,TValue].Accept (TContainer container, Unity.Properties.IPropertyVisitor visitor) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.properties@0.4.0-preview/Unity.Properties/Value/Impl/ValuePropertyImpl.cs:111)
    8. Unity.Properties.ValueClassPropertyBase`2[TContainer,TValue].Accept (Unity.Properties.IPropertyContainer container, Unity.Properties.IPropertyVisitor visitor) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.properties@0.4.0-preview/Unity.Properties/Value/ValueProperty.cs:69)
    9. Unity.Properties.PropertyBag`1[TProperty].Visit[TContainer] (TContainer container, Unity.Properties.IPropertyVisitor visitor) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.properties@0.4.0-preview/Unity.Properties/PropertyBag.cs:94)
    10. Unity.Properties.PropertyContainer.Visit[TContainer] (TContainer container, Unity.Properties.IPropertyVisitor visitor) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.properties@0.4.0-preview/Unity.Properties/PropertyContainerVisit.cs:20)
    11. Unity.Tiny.GUIVisitor.VisitTargets () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.13.2-preview/Editor/GUI/GUIVisitor.cs:69)
    12. Unity.Tiny.IMGUIBackend.Inspect () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.13.2-preview/Editor/Inspector/IMGUIBackend.cs:124)
    13. Unity.Tiny.InspectorBackend.OnGUI () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.13.2-preview/Editor/Inspector/InspectorBackend.cs:77)
    14. Unity.Tiny.TinyInspector.OnGUI () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.13.2-preview/Editor/Inspector/TinyInspector.cs:186)
    15. UnityEngine.Experimental.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Modules/UIElements/IMGUIContainer.cs:244)
    16. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

9. jackesdavid

jackesdavid

Hi all , is Tiny mode working on Linux Editor ?

My question is because I’m receiving the “path variable is undefined” after installing the tiny package in the 2019.1 version

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  10. Aminecgcg

Aminecgcg

@sathya the same happen to me sometimes thing destroyed in the editor and undo not working ...also i make a scene after closing and re-opening the scene became messy

11. jackesdavid

jackesdavid

This is the message I'm receiving on linux

upload_2018-12-27_23-0-0.png

upload_2018-12-27_22-59-29.png

12. jackesdavid

jackesdavid

13. Praven-P-Jose

Praven-P-Jose

My first Unity Tiny Game

While developing this game i face some unity Bug
    Sprite2DSequencePlayer Loop mode can change runtime. But it's not working properly.

Loop-> Once working
    Once->Loop not working

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    raymondyunity likes this.
  14. vincismurf

vincismurf

raymondyunity likes this.