Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback [Tiny] Crash when try to use terrain asset

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by Thaina, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Thaina

Thaina

I am using Tiny project and try to use asset from store that contain terrain. Doing anything relate to terrain eventually crash unity, not immediately but when I try to build, or try to play, or sometimes just after moving camera a bit will cause unity editor to crash unpredictably

The asset I use is Fantastic Village Pack. Its common scene has terrain as a ground and also many terrain parts

Unity version is 2020.1.0a17.2089

2. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Hi
    Tiny currently supports only static meshes and only mesh renderers.
    We don't have a mechanism to convert the Unity Terrain yet.
    But maybe you need to find a way to convert this terrain data into an obj or fbx and use them in Tiny.
    Can you also share the runtime crash log messages?

3. Thaina

Thaina

@AbdulAlgharbi That's expectable but I would like unity to just make it being a glitch (magenta box or something) and some log to show that it just unusable right now, instead of crashing the whole editor. At least I would delete all terrain in the scene and still use that scene as is

a436t4ataf likes this.
  4. Thaina

Thaina

This is crash log

BTW, this upload file widget not allow me to upload .dmp and .log so I need to rename it to .txt

Attached Files:

5. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

I agree the editor shouldn't crash, also one more thing I noticed from the logs

ArgumentException: Only a maximum of a total of 8 directional or point lights is supported. Please reduce the number of directional and/or spot lights in your scene.

Currently, we support a maximum of 8 lights two of them can cast shadows others shouldn't.
    moreover, we don't support point lights to cast shadows so please make sure the shadow type is set to No Shadows on all point lights in your subscene.

Thaina likes this.
  6. Thaina

Thaina

Thanks for advices, but those warning about light number don't have any critical effect on build, it could open properly even in mobile platform, may be some glitch or perf though but otherwise it's fine right now