Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.4 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Timeline within Timeline

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by kaven-breton, Sep 1, 2017.

1. kaven-breton

kaven-breton

Hello guys, is it possible to play a Timeline within a Timeline? I would like to create a Timeline of an whole scene that would play some animations also created with Timeline. I can't believe this would not be possible but when I drag a Timeline into an other one it just do nothing.

2. Drapan

Drapan

Add a control track and then add ControlPlayableAsset and reference the gameobject with the PlayableDirector for the other timeline, and it should do what you want (if I understood you correctly).

thierry_unity likes this.
  3. kaven-breton

kaven-breton

Let's say I have a Prefab with the Main Timeline and an other Prefab with a cube animated by a Timeline (which is also a prefab).

In the Main Timeline, I would create the ControlTrack/ControlPlayableAsset then link ... well I am confused here. None of the thing I tried worked. What should I link in Parent Object and Prefab for it to work? Maybe I just don't grasp how it should work.

unityunity