Search Unity

Timeline seems to be moving my GameObjects on play

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by SystemId, Apr 17, 2020.

1. SystemId

SystemId

I'm running into a weird problem, and wondering if anyone has run into something similar?
    Timeline is moving my Gameobject when I hit play, and it's staying at the new position when I stop the game.

I think I've singled out that Timeline is causing the weird problem with my Game.
    I have a Gameobject (Character prefab) with a Child game object holding an Animation controller at the position 0,0,0
    It controls some sprite renderers off some child objects.
    The position of the child objects are set to: x0,y0.55 z1.5

I made my animations with my objects at this offset position, but never altered the positions in my animations.

My animations and timelines worked fine, but then I had to alter my prefab.
    I moved the position of all my child objects to 0,0,0 and moved the object with the Animation Controller itself to
    x0 y0.5 z1.5..

So when I play the animations themselves it seems fine.

But when I play it with a Director / timeline .. its moving my Object with the controller back to 0,0,0. I do not have any Tracks that affect position of the Object with the controller in my Timeline.
    After I stopped the game, the object is still in the moved position, and I need to revert my prefab. It's only affecting the position of my gameobject with my animation controller. It not affecting anything like the children.