Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Question Timeline record in playmode

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Enkianthus, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Enkianthus

Enkianthus

There's a Unity game called "koikatsu" is used by many people for creating various videos using its Character Studio. Unlike typical animation production, it allows for easier character animation by moving the character's full-body IK rig. I attempted to implement this in Unity myself but found some inconveniences. Since I'm using full-body IK, I have to create character animations in PlayMode, which makes more sense to me as I can preview the scene more intuitively and the physics system used for character hair is also active. However, I found that I can't enable/disable the Track's RecordMode while in PlayMode. I can only do so before running, and if I try to drag a clip on the Track, the RecordMode will automatically turn off. I'm wondering if there's a way to Start Record/Stop Record in PlayMode.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2024