Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Timeline Multiple Track Offset

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by grahamvr, Jun 7, 2018.

1. grahamvr

grahamvr

Hiya Unity gang, would there be a way of selecting multiple animation tracks and offsetting them all, say for example - a unit of men marching.
    Ideally in an awesome scenario, it would be amazing to be able to layout the front rank of men, duplicate their animation tracks and game objects; select the new tracks and shift them all 1 row back.
    Now I would have two rows of troops.
    Then attached to a track group, to make me melt at the heart, I would imagine plotting a few points for the troops to follow over the length of the animation tracks.

Cheers for hearing my ramblings,

Graham

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

I'd suggest doing that in with the gameObject hierarchy. Timeline animates the local position, so you can use parent gameObjects to place your characters. This would allow you to use reuse timelines, and you wouldn't necessarily need to duplicate animation tracks.

Instead of duplicating animation track, each character could have their own playable director that uses the same timeline with a single animation track. Or have a few different timelines to add some slight variation and randomly assign them.

3. grahamvr

grahamvr

Ah brilliant, good shout; i'll give that a go, I just discovered laying in timelines within a control track too, this is great.