Search Unity

1. All Pro and Enterprise subscribers: find helpful & inspiring creative, tech, and business know-how in the new Unity Success Hub. Sign in to stay up to date.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Timeline in 2020.3.3f1 contains errors

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Leeonidas300, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Leeonidas300

Leeonidas300

Hi,
    I upgraded my project from Unity 2020.1.15 to 2020.3.3f1 and now project do not open. Unity Enters Safe Mode I can skip it but it's not recommended. And in console I have following errors:

img link: https://imgur.com/YmoHOG3

Removing and installing Timeline again doesn't help. Upgrading to newest makes no difference. If I remove Timeline package It gets rid of those errors but then my scripts contains errors becouse they are using Timeline namespace. HELP :-(

2. julienb

julienb

Unity Technologies

Timeline 1.4.7 correctly compiles with 2020.3.3f1. It seems like there is a file in your project cache that was not recompiled when you upgraded.

Could you try to reimport all assets (right-click in the Project Window -> Reimport All)? This will recompile all assemblies and the error should disappear.

3. Leeonidas300

Leeonidas300

Ok, thanks. I will check and get back with the result.

4. Leeonidas300

Leeonidas300

It's still the same. 20 errors all from ActionManager.

5. julienb

julienb

Unity Technologies

6. Leeonidas300

Leeonidas300

Hi, I try to make bug report but with my connection speed it would take ages.

7. Leeonidas300

Leeonidas300

Is there a way to delete, i don't know timeline completly maybe when I remove it it leave some file with bug?

8. julienb

julienb

Unity Technologies

It is difficult to debug without having access to a project. The best I can do is to offer you those suggestions:

• Try to reset the packages to default (Help -> Reset Packages to Default)
    • Try to delete the `Library` folder located next to the Assets folder in your project (close Unity before doing this).
    • Is it a problem with the Unity installation? Create a new project from scratch. If the error still appears, try to re-install.

9. DavidGeoffroy

DavidGeoffroy

Unity Technologies

Start with the Library/PackageCache folder before you delete your whole Library folder, as that's going to take way too long if your project is that big.

Library/ScriptAssemblies and Library/Bee are also a good candidates

10. Leeonidas300

Leeonidas300

Thanks guys. I tried everything above and I still got errors. But as julienb said i check empty project and it was ok. So I started to import my scripts, plugins to this new project. And it turns out that some old plugin couse this. It didn't show in error logs but when I deleted it, timeline no longer show errors. My project Was successfully imported and I can work on it again :)

julienb and DavidGeoffroy like this.
unityunity