Search Unity

Timeline in 2020.3.3f1 contains errors

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Leeonidas300, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Leeonidas300

Leeonidas300

Hi,
    I upgraded my project from Unity 2020.1.15 to 2020.3.3f1 and now project do not open. Unity Enters Safe Mode I can skip it but it's not recommended. And in console I have following errors:

img link: https://imgur.com/YmoHOG3

Removing and installing Timeline again doesn't help. Upgrading to newest makes no difference. If I remove Timeline package It gets rid of those errors but then my scripts contains errors becouse they are using Timeline namespace. HELP :-(

2. julienb

julienb

Unity Technologies

Timeline 1.4.7 correctly compiles with 2020.3.3f1. It seems like there is a file in your project cache that was not recompiled when you upgraded.

Could you try to reimport all assets (right-click in the Project Window -> Reimport All)? This will recompile all assemblies and the error should disappear.

3. Leeonidas300

Leeonidas300

Ok, thanks. I will check and get back with the result.

4. Leeonidas300

Leeonidas300

It's still the same. 20 errors all from ActionManager.

5. julienb

julienb

Unity Technologies

6. Leeonidas300

Leeonidas300

Hi, I try to make bug report but with my connection speed it would take ages.

7. Leeonidas300

Leeonidas300

Is there a way to delete, i don't know timeline completly maybe when I remove it it leave some file with bug?

8. julienb

julienb

Unity Technologies

It is difficult to debug without having access to a project. The best I can do is to offer you those suggestions:

• Try to reset the packages to default (Help -> Reset Packages to Default)
    • Try to delete the `Library` folder located next to the Assets folder in your project (close Unity before doing this).
    • Is it a problem with the Unity installation? Create a new project from scratch. If the error still appears, try to re-install.

9. DavidGeoffroy

DavidGeoffroy

Unity Technologies

Start with the Library/PackageCache folder before you delete your whole Library folder, as that's going to take way too long if your project is that big.

Library/ScriptAssemblies and Library/Bee are also a good candidates

10. Leeonidas300

Leeonidas300

Thanks guys. I tried everything above and I still got errors. But as julienb said i check empty project and it was ok. So I started to import my scripts, plugins to this new project. And it turns out that some old plugin couse this. It didn't show in error logs but when I deleted it, timeline no longer show errors. My project Was successfully imported and I can work on it again :)

julienb and DavidGeoffroy like this.