Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Timeline Frozen Using Cinemachine

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by AlexBourgeois, Dec 18, 2017.

1. AlexBourgeois

AlexBourgeois

Hey there!

I had setup my scene with Cinemachine Tracks and Animation tracks in the Timeline Editor. For some reason i could see that there were a transition between a camera that when really far out on the Timeline. Of pure curiousity i "followed" the path by scrolling on the mousewheel and extending the timeline. I never found what i was looking for, instead, the Timeline crashed!! - I think ive might have extended the Timeline too far ! :O

All im left with, is this in my timeline:

StuckTimeline.png

And an argument saying:
    Argument.png
    "ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
    Parameter name: Time is over the discrete range.
    "

"
    UnityEngine.Timeline.DiscreteTime.FloatToDiscreteTime (Single time) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Timeline/Runtime/DiscreteTime.cs:92)
    UnityEngine.Timeline.DiscreteTime..ctor (Single time) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Timeline/Runtime/DiscreteTime.cs:32)
    UnityEngine.Timeline.DiscreteTime.op_Explicit (Single time) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Timeline/Runtime/DiscreteTime.cs:132)
    UnityEngine.Timeline.TrackAsset.UpdateDuration () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Timeline/Runtime/TrackAsset.cs:604)
    UnityEngine.Timeline.TrackAsset.get_end () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Timeline/Runtime/TrackAsset.cs:55)
    UnityEngine.Timeline.TimelineAsset.<CalculateDuration>m__3 (UnityEngine.Timeline.TrackAsset t) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Timeline/Runtime/TimelineAsset.cs:304)
    System.Linq.Enumerable+<Max>c__AnonStorey27`1[UnityEngine.Timeline.TrackAsset].<>m__19 (UnityEngine.Timeline.TrackAsset a, Double b)
    System.Linq.Enumerable.Iterate[TrackAsset,Double] (IEnumerable`1 source, Double initValue, System.Func`3 selector)
    System.Linq.Enumerable.Max[TrackAsset] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 selector)
    UnityEngine.Timeline.TimelineAsset.CalculateDuration () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Timeline/Runtime/TimelineAsset.cs:304)
    UnityEngine.Timeline.TimelineAsset.get_duration () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Timeline/Runtime/TimelineAsset.cs:71)
    UnityEditor.Timeline.TimelineWindow+TimelineState.get_duration () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Timeline/Editor/Window/TimelineState.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.Timeline.TimelineWindow.DurationGUI (TimelineItemArea area) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Timeline/Editor/Window/TimelineWindow_Duration.cs:29)
    UnityEditor.Timeline.TimelineWindow.SequencerGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Timeline/Editor/Window/TimelineWindow_Gui.cs:142)
    UnityEditor.Timeline.TimelineWindow.DoLayout () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Timeline/Editor/Window/TimelineWindow_Gui.cs:94)
    UnityEditor.Timeline.TimelineWindow.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Timeline/Editor/Window/TimelineWindow.cs:184)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:272)
    UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:265)
    UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:232)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

"

When playing the Scene, Nothing happens, also the Game-View is idle:
    And it gives the same Argument:
    "ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
    Parameter name: Time is over the discrete range."

I've tried to :

Close Timeline-Tab and Re-Open
    Restart Unity
    Mouse-Wheel scroll backwards endlessly..
    Export and open it on another Computer

Is there a way to reset the Timeline Editor in some way??

Thanks in Advance !!

...Still Scrolling...