Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Timeline Event Trigger

Discussion in '2017.3 Beta' started by C10110, Oct 20, 2017.

1. C10110

C10110

Long time Unity user and love the engine. Timeline has probably been the biggest and most exciting feature to be added, and I look forward to it being something I use as often as other features.

Since the Beta lots of cool things have shown their potential, especially event triggers in timeline. When I saw my first glimpse of this in the Beta it was incredibly exciting, and I was eager to try it in the official release. With that being said, even in 2017.2, it seems Events in Timeline are not in a state where they can be used to the heights most users are imaging with them.

There are tons of threads on this however I wanted to get an idea of when we can all expect to see this as people are talking about it all over the forums.

Looking forward to hearing some thoughts!

EDIT: I apologise everyone. The issue was on my end. I spent a good amount of time troubleshooting and looking at existing threads and even asking friends their thoughts on Timeline events, and couldn't get a fix. The problem was due to an asset from the store that overhauled a lot of little things in the inspector and in general to look cleaner, it seems the dev did not add any timeline support so it was causing a lot of issues there.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017