Search Unity

Timeline editor "timeline" not showing up

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Autarkis, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Autarkis

Autarkis

Weird issue I've seen pop up a couple times so far, that goes away on Unity reboot.The timeline scrubber ( I would call it a timeline as that's how it is called in Maya, After Effects ...) is not present anymore, preventing actual use of timeline.
    It does come back on a reboot, so it's not THAT big of a deal, and I can't file a bug report because it's not really a reproducible error, and I can't pinpoint what exactly I ( and a colleague) are doing to make it happen.. Just seeing if anybody else is running into this, and if Unity staff might be aware of it :)

yyano likes this.
  2. msl_manni

msl_manni

Sometimes the clips dont appear when created. They will appear when unity is started again.

3. julienb

julienb

Unity Technologies

We have a bug in the database for your issue: https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/f/cases/935900/

If you guys have exact repro steps that trigger this bug on each repeat, I would gladly like to have them ;) It is very difficult to reproduce consistently.

4. msl_manni

msl_manni

Steps
    1.New Scene
    2. Add Cube
    3. Add TimeLine to Cube.
    4. Add Activation or Control Track or any track.
    5. Add clip to track.
    The Clip will not show in Timeline. But if you save your scene and restart unity and load the scene then all clips that you created will show up now.

5. tezza2k1

tezza2k1

I can reproduce this in Unity v2017.2.0b5

Symptoms:

No time marks at the top
    Not content in the body
    The start, end and range selection indicators all the way at the right hand side of the top GUI pane

Unity v2017.2.0b5 - Timeline no top time marks and no editable elements - 08-08-2017 23-05-04.png

1. Create project with Timeline objects in the Hierarchy

2. Manage your layout so that the Timeline pane is in a tab group with others. In my picture above, I have the TimeLine in with Project, Animator, Timeline and Console

3. Select a different tab in that tab group so that Timeline is hidden ( say Project in my picture )

4. Exit Unity

5. Start Unity

6 The Project tab should be displayed and the Timeline tab should be inactive if you did 3.) correctly.

7. In the Hierarchy navigate to the Timeline object you created in Step 1.

8. Select with the mouse the Timeline tab in the tab group. It will be corrupt with the Symptoms listed above and described in the picture attached.

6. pinesG

pinesG

This is happening in 2019.4.2F1. What is the solution to get it back?

ferverence likes this.
  7. dinuka_jay

dinuka_jay

This is happening in 2019.4.8f1 LTS as well. Weird bug

8. dienpv_unity

dienpv_unity

This is happening in 2022.3.1f1.

**Solved** - I updated the latest version of the timeline and re-import packages.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023