Search Unity

1. New Unity Live Help updates. Check them out here!

Dismiss Notice

Timeline Dialog Box User Interaction

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Gasric, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Gasric

Gasric

Hi Folks,

I am not getting timeline! I am trying to have a dialog box appear and display it's text but I don't know how to pause it and have the timeline continue when the player presses any key.

I have everything in place and if I just hit play it works as a non stop sequence. The part I'm missing is what do I do to achieve the pause and user interaction and how?

Thanks in advance!

2. TimmyTheTerrible

TimmyTheTerrible

Create a Timeline Signal. Call it whatever you want.

Now click the little pin to show/hid markers on the timeline, and click Add Marker. Select the the signal you just created.

By default this will have created a signal receiver on the game object that has the playable director. So click on the reaction dropdown button, and select the Playable Director component from the list. This will show some functions, and the one our looking for is of course named Pause.

Now, when the timeline reaches the the marker, it will cause the pause function on the playable director at the appropriate time. All thats left to do, is select your button, and in the OnClick inspector, add the Playable Director, but this time select the Resume component function.

3. Gasric

Gasric

Thank you! I will give this a shot and will no doubt have questions.

unityunity