Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Timeline audio track binding is not working

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by yunshuijin, Jan 24, 2019.

1. yunshuijin

yunshuijin

Hi, all. Timeline audio track binding is not working somehow. I bonded a timeline audio track to an audio source. Somehow, even if I disable the audio source, the sound still plays. Besides, I found I could still play the sound without binding to any objects (audio source). Is it a bug or anyone know the reasons?

Thanks.

2. yunshuijin

yunshuijin

The unity version I use is 2018.3.1f

3. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

The audio plays in 2D if no audio source is bound. That's as designed. The audio source is optional and provides a transform for 3D, audio settings and mixer for the track.

As for the disabled audio source not working, we will look into it. Feel free to open a bug with a repro case.

4. yunshuijin

yunshuijin

Hi, thanks for your quick reply. That makes sense to me for the case of no bounded audio source.
    In addition, the binding is also not working for playable graph audio output. I am not sure if it was the same bug causing these two issues. As I described in this thread https://forum.unity.com/threads/aud...-working-well-and-binding-not-working.618196/

I'll try to open a bug later. Many thanks.

unityunity