Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.

Question Timeline Audio Source Spatial Blend 3D No Sound ARFoundation Addressables

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by jipsen, Aug 26, 2021.

1. jipsen

jipsen

I'm using ARFoundation with Addressables that have prefabs with timelines. I'm having issues with making the 2D sound 3D sound using spatial blend for these timelines.

Workflow:
    - I have an Audio Listener on the ARCamera
    - I instantiate a prefab from addressables that has timelines
    - There is an audio clip on the timeline that has an Audio Source attached
    - The Audio Source (in the prefab) has Spatial Blend = 1 & Linear Rolloff (but no audioclip since it is on the timeline)
    - The Timeline Audio has Spatial Blend = 1
    - No Sound when I play it in AR

When I use 2D sound, everything works fine, but I need 3D sound. I have tried different options between the timeline audio spatial blend and the audio source spatial blend but nothing works - still no sound.

Any ideas?

2. jipsen

jipsen

OK so after some messing around, it seems that it works when I attach the Audio Source to another game object instead of having it on its own.... I guess I can just make an invisible 3D game object and attach it to that, but it seems strange that I can't just have an audio source on its own.