Search Unity

Timeline Audio out of sync on a Build

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Revelation_Jeff, Feb 23, 2019.

1. Revelation_Jeff

Revelation_Jeff

Hi,

I'm having an audio problem. I've setup the audio to work perfectly within play mode of Unity editor. I've got a master audio track pre-done in pro tools which is setup from an initial clap track marker at frame 0 on timeline. So in editor everything works perfectly. However upon creating a build the audio becomes desync'd and is slightly off from the video.

I'm using Game time. I've tried using other settings which either broke the game or didn't help. I'm using 2017.4.1f1 for reference. Am I missing something here? Any suggestions to correct this?

Thanks so much for any help!

Jeff

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

If you need perfect audio sync, use DSP Time on the playable director. Audio is always scheduled and driven against the DSP clock, and DSP time will drive the timeline time by the DSP clock (as close as possible).

3. Revelation_Jeff

Revelation_Jeff

Hi DSP for me is broke. In testing in editor it breaks sync in play mode and the audio is delayed half a second or more by default, even though my audio is sync'd to a clap track at frame 0 so I can't adjust it any further. It should be exact.

Secondly when using DSP setting on a build it totally breaks and no sequence plays at all. It just defaults to a random camera view with no motions or events triggering or playing. DSP in a build is completely broken unless I'm missing some other setting that must go along with it?

4. LargoSama

LargoSama

Hey @Revelation_Jeff , did you figure out a way to have DSP work in builds? It breaks on my end as well and I can't seem to get it working.

5. Revelation_Jeff

Revelation_Jeff

Nope. Sadly Unity support abandoned me here lol. The only option may be using game time and then making an execution script which holds your cutscene until completely loaded?

6. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

@Revelation_Jeff My apologies - I missed your reply. Wasn't intentionally abandoning you!

If you haven't file'd a bug, I encourage you to do so. Which version of Unity and which platforms are you seeing this behaviour?