Search Unity

Timeline animations clips not blending

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by gzabala, Jan 20, 2019.

1. gzabala

gzabala

Hello!

I'm using Unity to create a video with 3D animated animals bought from the Asset Store. I used to use the animator and timeline to do this. But I found i can just use the timeline for both moving and animating the animal and make it a lot easier to work with.

I have an empty GameObject (which I use for position) and inside this empty GameObject the animal prefab as a child (on which I apply the animations).

The problem is that when I try to overlap an animation clip in the timeline with another one to make them blend it doesn't. It shows me two red lines (one on each side of the clip) and a red arrow over the clip. I've been searching on tutorials, youtube, unity guides but I had no luck.

I have to mention I have two animations tracks on my original GameObject's timeline, one applied to this empty game object (for position) and one applied to the prefab of the animal (for animating) and with the old method (using the animator) I could make them blend with each other.

Thanks,
    Facundo

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Do you have a screen shot of the error you are getting?

victorystarkoe likes this.
  3. Halfgild-Wynac

Halfgild-Wynac

Hello!

I have the same issue. We have a soldier firing at a mob, then catching fire and running away. When we try to move his "running while on fire" clip onto the "aiming" clip, no blending occurs. Instead, the first clip just gets trimmed.

What is worse, the scene worked fine just a few days ago. Now, however, there is no blending between the two animations in the Timeline.

Here is how it happens
    AnimTimeline_Blending_WontWORK.gif

(it is Unity 2018.2.12f1)

4. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Your editor is in 'Replace Mode'. Set the editor to 'Mix Mode', it's the left most of the 3 buttons underneath the play controls.

5. Halfgild-Wynac

Halfgild-Wynac

Thank you! It now works exactly as I thought it would.