Search Unity

Timeline and Recorder Problem

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by PerfectArchCo, Feb 20, 2019.

1. PerfectArchCo

PerfectArchCo

I'm coming from the AEC Industry trying to use the Unity Game Engine to render different design options. I've been trying to solve an issue that has come up between the Timeline and Recorder plugin.

When the recorded mpeg4 is viewed(see gif) there is a very strange quick with the animated Cinemachine path that causes the beginning of the loop when recorded to start at a different start location then the low-angle implied by the down-to-up motion. It's actually the higher Main Camera position without the Cinemachine brain checked. I've attached a screen grab of my Unity Workspace that shows the starting Zero position of the Cinemachine Path. And indeed, when the gif is loaded into Photoshop, the start and end frames are at slightly different high angles.

I've mostly been following the official recorder how-to on github. I couldn't get the Timeline Recorder method to work at all, and the below grab is exported via the "recorder window" once play is pushed.

Thanks for the help.

unityhelpgif.gif

unityworkspace.png

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
  2. PerfectArchCo

PerfectArchCo

^Bump^ for help

3. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Does the scene play properly outside of the recorder? i.e. when you press Play, either on top of the Unity window or the Timeline Play in the timeline window? Let's see whether this has to do with an interaction with recorder, or whether the problem runs deeper.