Search Unity

Timeline and Audiosource not synced?

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by lkdin, Nov 16, 2018.

1. lkdin

lkdin

Hey Timeline Dev's,

I'm having following problem:

I'm using Timeline (obviously) for my ambient sounds across multiple scenes.

When i create an Audio Track, then reference the gameobject with the audio source and i change any values on the audio source, nothing happens.

Why is there a reference to the audio source in the audio track in the first place?

Is this a bug or is there any way to e.g. change the volume of my audio clip from the Timeline?

Cheers,

Dinesh

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Which version of Unity are you using? I recall this as a bug, and also that is has been fixed.

3. lkdin

lkdin

I'm using Unity2018.2.10f1

4. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Ok, I ran some quick tests with .9f1 and .16f1 and the volume changed as expected, so I must be missing something.

To answer the original question, the reference to the audio source serves a few purposes - for any audio clips on the track, it provides a transform in the scene for 3D audio, it lets the user control volume, stereo blend, and pan and/or provides a mixer.

If you still cannot get it to work, I recommend filing a bug. It sounds like there may be a bug there, but it is specific to your use case.

5. lkdin

lkdin

I switched to .16f1 and it worked. Thanks for the reply