Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback [TIME CRITICAL] Clogged up Cart purchase page. Can't add/remove anything. Support asked to post here

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by NeatWolf, Oct 30, 2019.

?

Which feature would you like to have most in the Asset Store Lists/Carts?

1. Faster loading times

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Graying out assets I already purchased (sitewide, not only in a few pages)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. List management tools

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Save Cart for Later

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Export list

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Clear purchased items button in the Saved for Later screen

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  7. Asset multiselect

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Get more suggestions about upgrades and upgrade paths of assets you already own

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Have some local caching to improve the overall speed of the local store when browsing purchased asse

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. See the real purchase price of assets (including reduced prices if you're making upgrades)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi there,

I tried to reach Support, to get tech support, but I ended up being bumped here.

My issue:

I had about 40-50 assets in the cart, and about 900 in my Saved for Later list.

A while ago I had an issue when purchasing about 100 assets (#718288), as the system was timing out because there were too many queries to calculated the prices going on.

I had to *manually* split the cart in several minipurchases. Fine.

Now, looks like the "Saved for Later" list also was in the equation, since it grew up in the meanwhile.

Long story short:

I can't use the cart anymore. I can't purchase anything for technical reasons. I opened a support ticket (#731464), and I've been bumped to the Feedback forums.

Nothing in the Purchase page finishes the price query with success, so no "Remove" button gets enabled and no "Proceed to Checkout" button as well.

I can't do anything anymore in that page. Honestly, I believe the store, and the checkout page should be the most critical pages when talking about functionality in every e-Store, so I don't even believe this is happening to Unity.

Now the sales are about to end, and I can't even make a single purchase, even if I had to purchase an asset because I needed it urgently to use it for work.

5 minutes ago, my account got cleared up - All lists, all Saved for Later Items, all items in the cart.
    Literally thousands of asset reference lost. And if there was a thing I was begging when writing to the Support, it was to please don't delete any of the list, but instead to move them on another list.
    This happened right when I was manually trying to move, one by one, manually, every item in the SavedForLater list in 10 separate custom ones (since they're limited to 100 items).

Now, suddenly everything reappeared, and I'm still in my quest to remove all asset from the SavedForLater list, by accessing it from the "Lists" page, opening a few assets on different tabs, adding them manually to the new list, and removing one by one them from the SavedForLater list.

Needless to say, this issue already took me hours of my life that are never coming back - and I'm talking about reaching support.
    I should add to them more hours needed to move everything (about a thousand items) to separate sublists.
    And a extra hour to write this post, since Support pointed me to "Forum.unity.com" with no clear indication of where should I post my "Feedback".

The main issue is that in order to make a single "Remove" action of an asset from any list I have to
    - wait for all queries to complete or fail (1-3 minutes)
    - open the asset store page I have to delete on another tab
    - wait another minute until the operation completes
    - refresh the page until I can press "Remove" on another item again
    - add the other item to a custom temporary partial SavedForLater XX list

All this, even to purchase a single asset.
    Opening multiple tab on multiple browsers helps a little. To a point.

Again, this is not making a purchase anymore. This has become an epic quest.
    I'm using real money and real time for this.

I'd love to:
    • be able to multiselect (checkboxes) assets from a list, and make group operations on them (delete, move to another list)
    • Have a "Clear purchased items from the list" link button at the bottom/top of the "Saved for Later" list
    • Have the chance to save the cart to a List
    • Have the chance to move a whole list to the cart
    • be able to delete an asset from a list/from the cart, asynchronously. I'd love to be able to press "Remove" on any asset in a list, and expect it to happen and the page to get updated without reloading.
      And, without locking/graying out all other "Remove" link buttons on all other assets
    • Be able to export/import a list to a file
    • Pay to have the 100 limit on lists removed
    • Be able to customize the order of the last used Lists shown when pressing "Add to List" on the page of an asset to something more useful to me
    As a long time user my wishlist and other useful Lists grew a lot in size during years. They're useful to me.
    I can have my "Essentials" list for every different category, or make any other kind of use for them.

I believe I shouldn't be penalized for purchasing assets, and I believe the above "feedbacks" could be useful to other users as well.

I'd also appreciate if you could help me in a more supportive way.

Apologies for the long post. The issue didn't put me in a very good mood since it's also hampering my work.

2. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager Unity Technologies

Hi there,

The meta-forum subforum is more aimed at discussions around the forum itself, as opposed to general questions.

I'll still chase this up internally for you and see what we can do - I'll provide an update once I get one.

NeatWolf likes this.
  3. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Apologies, @UnityMaru , I never opened a "Feedback" post so far (also because generally I provide feedback in other ways), and this appeared to me the "close enough" place to post in.

I read the forum rules but I felt in check about what to do. It felt a bit like I was in a fail-fail situation where at least one rule had to be broken.
    Yet, I honestly didn't know what to do.

Please move the topic in a more appropriate location, if needed.

I appreciate your support via internal ways, and I hope some solution is on the way.
    I can see something changed already, but this is getting a recurring problem here and then.

I'm still spending half a day to try to fix things manually, and I'm not even sure I'm going to be done by the end of the day, and of the sales.

Cheers,
    Alex

4. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager Unity Technologies

Hey, that's quite alright :) the thread can remain here for now.

I've returned to the office and received a lot of responses about your post. The team are working on plans to improve this for the future and are in the process of making a few immediate improvements, which you may have already noticed.

What I would say is, if you still see these issues in say, three months, please give me a heads up and I'll ask the team for an update for you :)

Nice to hear from you again by the way - I know back in my old role in Support that we've spoken a few times!

5. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Yup, I've been quite a pain for Unity Support, I'm not sure if being remembered is a good thing :D

Hi there @UnityMaru , I'm getting more issues again.

I reopened the ticket, but in the meantime I lost the change of getting the 75% discounted asset right on yesterday.

This time, all cart queries never succeed.
    The day before I made a way bigger order without any issue.

Then I began deleting every asset from my cart, and it's not getting any better.

It gets stuck like this:

Also, I can't mass-delete my cart anymore, it gets stuck here:

Please don't make me move hundreds of wishlisted assets to secondary lists again, this is getting my personal purgatory - instead of enjoying my purchased assets T_T

And, yes, never had so many issues in any other store. Also because I haven't used any other store so much :p
    I really wished it depended on the browser, but it doesn't work on mobile as well.

Also, mobile version is not displaying correctly.

I wonder what could be the issue now.

7 items, it should work right away, right?
    yesterday it was ok.

I'm going to try to remove each item from the cart, manually, one by one, and try to add them back.
    If a solution is not provided, I should try moving (not removing, it's a wishlist for a reason :p) my "Saved for Later" list items to secondary lists *again*

Also, I need to work, and all this is adversely affecting my productivity and my ability to comply with a work deadline.

I really need to get back to work now, please send help! T_T

(btw, where should I be posting about these issues? Support says I can't go too "technical" with my requests)
    I also tried to get in touch with the... personal assistant (I feel honored, but I don't know how should I refer to him/call him - success advisor?) Unity assigned to me, Jamie from UK, but haven't got any answer at the moment.

Cheers
    Alex

6. mgear

mgear

just curious that, what happens if you try using the old asset store?

7. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Is it still up? I can't find any "revert to old store link". Could you please share a link?
    Actually I've never had any issues, like not even one timeout, using the old store.
    And, I could also see the upgrade paths to/from other assets, a feature that has been removed :(

Btw, here's how the store looks on mobile (long PNG), pretty sure it shouldn't appear like that. The rightmost part gets cut out (Firefox for Android, Xiaomi Mi A3, still pristine install)

8. mgear

mgear

NeatWolf likes this.
  9. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

It seems to be working as a charm (it even feels snappier and informative than before?)

yet!

- I can't purchase as an organization
    - I have to pay extra for taxes even if I'm tax exempt in my current fiscal/tax plan
    - there is no cross-functionality data-sharing between the new and old stores: cart, wishlist, lists, favorites are all separate and everything has to be mirrored manually.

So, long story short, I could probably make my purchases on the old store during Black Friday week, but,

- as an individual, no way to add my VAT
    - by paying everything 22% extra (which would be a lot, considering the amount of assets I do purchase).

So, yes, the old store works flawlessly, but me and my business consultant wouldn't be happy :p

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
unityunity