Search Unity

TiltBrush SDK v23 Shader Problems

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by Bhujanga, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Bhujanga

Bhujanga

I encounter problems with the following shaders from the TiltBrush SDK v23 (latest version to date):

Bubbles Failed to open source file: 'Assets/ThirdParty/Noise/Shaders/Noise.cginc' at line 26 (on d3d11)
    Diamond Hull: failed to open source files 'HLSLsupport.cginc' 'UnityShadersVariables.cginc' 'Lightning.cginc' and many more...
    Smoke: Failed to open source file: 'Assets/ThirdParty/Noise/Shaders/Noise.cginc'
    Toon: Failed to open source file: 'Assets/ThirdParty/Noise/Shaders/Noise.cginc'
    WigglyGraphite: same as Diamond Hall

Anyone encountering the same? Anyone got a solution? It would be awesome to get this going. Also I am curious if there is a way to import an export from tiltbrush into unity so I will have the obj file with it. My situation is this: I export an obj from Medium and can import it into TiltBrush just fine. After doing the fancy design thing I want to export the whole sketch/project so I can import it in Unity. Until know I only could import the obj itself (without TiltBrush design) and I managed to import the TiltBrush sketch, but having problems with the shaders. They are not assigned automatically and the above mentioned are not showing up in the list so I could assign them manually.

In the documentation about importing Sketches from Tiltbrush in Unity it says I only need to import the fbx from TB into unity, unfortunately it doesn't work for me. I am using Unity 2019.4.f121

Any help is much appreciated, as I am diving deep into this wonderfully creative workflow. It's been 10 years since I worked as Dev and am getting back to it these Lockdown days. I am amazed how much changed and with VR the DevGame evolved to a completely new dimension. Super excited to witness this :D

Thanks for helping out
    Thomas

2. Bhujanga

Bhujanga

Update:
    I also got problems with all the other shaders. Somehow Unity will not apply them to the TB sketch although I import it through Poly. I can assign another shader, I am using Universal Rendering Pipleline, but of course it will not create the same effect. I would be very happy to get a good tutorial on how to import TB sketches correctly into Unity 2019.4.12f1 to fully make us of these two great and powerful softwares.

3. unityuserunity85496

unityuserunity85496

Try making a simple object with a one texture. Export as obj if its an object. Or glTF. Open the gltf or obj and see if the data is readable and closes properly. After that you can try to find an FBX reader but thats gonna be different.

The errors might simply be paths needing to be fixed in the file. should be should be relative like
    #include "UnityCG.cginc"

otherwise stuff's broken at the importer and you'll have to try a format like obj without animation. gltf has animation but unity has yet to make a native importer. You could try an online convertor or import export from Blender