Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Tiling issue only on someone else´s machine

Discussion in '2D' started by CineTek, Jun 22, 2015.

1. CineTek

CineTek

Hey,

I have a really weird problem right now. My 2D tile based game runs perfectly fine on my PC but when someone else runs the build on either a PC or Mac then there are thin blick lines visible between the tiles. I made sure that I follow all the instructions from this thread http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/tile-map-tearing-problems.225777/#post-1507246 and that my quality settings do not mess with my sprites (AA and Texture Filtering are off).

The thing is: The build runs perfectly fine across all resolutions and screen sizes on my PC. So I have no idea what is going on...

When I was experimenting with a multiplayer project using UNET I noticed that after building and sending the game to a friend, the UID vanished... Could it be that in the recent Unity versions the editor somehow messes up the project settings? (http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/cant-use-matchmaker-on-different-computer.334004/)

My PC: Win 8.1 64 bit
    Unity v 5.1f1

2. sluice

sluice

Are you sure you have PixelSnap checked?

CineTek likes this.
  3. CineTek

CineTek

It tuns out that indeed PixelSnap was not checked on the level tiles and that fixed the problem apparently.

But: Why did it work perfectly fine on my end while everyone else had this problem even though the resolution, screen size etc were the same?

4. sluice

sluice

I'm not sure.. but I quickly learned when tilling stuff, that pixel snap is a must. :)

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  5. CineTek

CineTek

I have talked to a Unity technician about this and he also couldn´t reproduce the problem :/ But atleast it works now, so thank you for that hint :)

unityunity