Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Tilemaps render as black or transparent when tilemap renderer is set to chunk mode on PC standalone

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by lulitd, Dec 15, 2016.

1. lulitd

lulitd

After building a PC standalone, I've found that any of my tilemap renderers are black or not drawn at all. All colliders generated from the tilemaps work fine. I've tested this will the example project with R3 edition of the 2d experimental build.

For those who've encountered this, My workaround to get the tilemaps to appear was changed the mode for the renderers from Chunk to Individual.

Bug Reported: Case 861900

Please forgive if I haven't followed some forum rules/conventions, as this is my first post.

2. castor76

castor76

I can also confirm this, and it only seems to happen for the Released build type. Forcing individual seems to work, but lots of batching work is going on behind scene, which I am a bit uncomfortable with. Any public link to the bug?

3. lulitd

lulitd

Hi Castor I'm unfamiliar with Unity's bug reporting system. By public link to the bug, do mean on issue tracker? If your answer is yes, then I do not think so, unless Unity created one. I did not find one myself.

4. castor76

castor76

Yeah I was talking about the issue tracker. Do you have the link to it?

5. lulitd

lulitd

Nope. My noobness with the Unity's bug system is being exposed.

6. castor76

castor76

It would be nice if this bug is being tracked somewhere by a representative from Unity... Otherwise, we will have to submit another bug report. Just want to make sure.

7. Johaness_Reuben

Johaness_Reuben

Hi! Thanks for submitting the bug. We're looking into it.

lulitd likes this.