Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Tilemap Renderer Modes

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by StormBurpee2, Oct 14, 2017.

1. StormBurpee2

StormBurpee2

Hi there,

I've looked at a few past threads posted in here that say there is an option to set the tilemap renderer mode to Individual or Chunk?
    Was just wondering if this option was still available, or if there was a workaround to get the tiles to render individually? Just coming into an issue with sort orders (specifically, I have set a custom axis etc, but this only works based on the centre location of the given layer, and I suppose individual tiles would work.).

Thanks in advance,
    Storm

2. AssembledVS

AssembledVS

I'm also looking for this feature. It seems to have been cut for now because they are re-working it.

Can @Johaness_Reuben can confirm?

I had a certain workflow envisioned using the individual/chunk render modes for different tilemaps. It looks like you cannot sort individual tiles right now, just entire tilemaps.

3. OtakuD

OtakuD

Also would have a great need for this feature, difficult to progress without knowing if it will be available.

4. AssembledVS

AssembledVS

There are workarounds for everything, however. In my game, the tiles that do not have to be dynamically sorted also happen to be by far the most common ones - the ground and walls. Objects that do need to be dynamically sorted can be Unity game objects, so things like trees, tables, crates, etc. It's important, I think, for us to go with what we have and not wait on anyone.

But yes, getting some more information about this would be great.