Search Unity

Tilemap is producing strange artifacts

Discussion in '2D' started by coolblue2000, Nov 2, 2017.

1. coolblue2000

coolblue2000

I set my tile pallet by dragging in a single spritesheet.

When I paint my tiles in the editor they all look great. However when I run the game, every 4th tile shows a single pixel from the sprite to the left (as it appears on the sprite sheet). The sprite sheet is imported with Filter Mode set to point and I have turned off Anti-Aliasing.

If I do not use the tilemap and add the sprites individually (in the traditional manner) then they do not exhibit the same issue.

Why on earth is it doing this?

2. LiterallyJeff

LiterallyJeff

Does your Tile size perfectly match your Grid cell size?

3. coolblue2000

coolblue2000

Yes it does. They are both 30*30.

I have just created a duplicate palette and it overwrote some of the assets. Re-Running the game seems to show that many of the artifacts have now gone (although there are some significant other ones now appearing) so I think I will try to delete the palettes and assets and start again.

I will try this a little later and report back.

4. coolblue2000

coolblue2000

Ok, I have deleted and recreated the tile palettes along with their assets.

The artefacts I was getting previously have gone but there is a major artefact now present. However I have found that if I set the game player to 1080p (which the camera is set to) then everything looks fine. So it appears to be some bug with the image scaling in the game window...

So although it is a little annoying, it is not a major issue.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

5. Mikael-Madrid

Mikael-Madrid

I'm having this same exact issue, I'll check the resolution settings as you suggested and get back to this post.

6. facejets

facejets

In case it helps someone, there is a setting in camera components labelled "MSAA". Try disabling it if you have artifacts between tiles. (it stands for 'multi-sample anti-aliasing)

My apologies for bringing up an old issue.