Search Unity

Tilemap brush list too long?

Discussion in '2D' started by CoolJosh3k, Mar 12, 2020.

1. CoolJosh3k

CoolJosh3k

I noticed that as I use the tilemap and add more brushes the my list is getting rather long.

Unity_TooManyItemsInList.jpg

Will a scroll bar appear once I add enough items to the list, or will I encounter an issue where I cannot select the brush I need anymore?

I feel like maybe I am doing this the wrong way if I do end up with the issue I fear. Is there some other way I should be using prefab brushes?

2. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

I guess you could just have one Prefab Brush and change the prefab you want to paint with in the Object Selector under the Prefabs list instead? This should cut down the Brush menu size.

In the future, the GameObject Brush and the Tile Palette will be updated so you can pick these up from the Tile Palette instead.

3. CoolJosh3k

CoolJosh3k

Thanks. I will try that.

4. iambatby

iambatby

Was this ever implemented? tried to look in the 2020 changelogs so far but couldn't find it, Looking to work on a project but really keen to wait to use this feature for it.

5. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

Yes, it has! You will need to do a little bit of setup to get to it for now:

6. andiCR

andiCR

Hi! I'm trying to use this but there is no branch named package_2020.1. Should I use #master, #package or #package_2021.1?

7. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

For 2020.1, you should be using #package. Alternatively, you can install the Tilemap Extras package using the Unity Package Manager as well.