Search Unity

Tile Palette

Discussion in '2D' started by greenmoon4, May 1, 2018.

1. greenmoon4

greenmoon4

Hey,

when I'm dragging my assets into my Tile Palette, nothing happens. Of course I already created a palette. (previously I draged my spritesheet into the tile palette, unity created for each tile in my spritesheet a .asset file, but after that, nothing happens.) Does someone know what I did wrong?

I'm using Unity 2017.4.2f2.

When I'm dragging the generated .asset files into the Tile Palette, nothing happens too

Update: The asset file is in the tile palette, If I click on a cell where I dragged a asset in that cell, I can see a tile selected in the inspector. (In other cells I see only "None") So the tilemap isnt showing the tile which I moved into it.

I can select the cell and if I paint on my tilemap, it's painting my tile. But in my tile palette the tile is still invisible.

Here is a picture: http://prntscr.com/jceowf

Thanks!

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    moh13777 and daniel9c like this.
  2. daniel9c

daniel9c

This is also happening to me after I upgraded to the 2017.4.2f2 release.
    The tile pallet is not drawing the tiles :(

greenmoon4 likes this.
  3. daniel9c

daniel9c

I downloaded the previous Unity release "2017.4.1f1" and it's working again! Apparently it is an bug in the 2017.4.2f2 release.

greenmoon4 likes this.
  4. Txandy

Txandy

Same error here:

greenmoon4 likes this.
  5. moh13777

moh13777

same here

greenmoon4 likes this.
  6. daniel9c

daniel9c

Hi, I submitted the issue to developer team, here is the response:

Hey,

Thank you for submitting a bug to Unity.

We have identified this issue as a duplicate of an existing known bug and we will be closing the issue. The bug seems to be already fixed in the latest beta version (tested on 2018.2.0b2) and a backport is also coming to the 2018.1 versions in a near future.

Updating to the mentioned version should solve your issue. You can get the beta version on the Unity Hub or here: https://unity3d.com/unity/beta

If you have further questions, feel free to contact us.

distantcam and greenmoon4 like this.
  7. turp182

turp182

They need what is called "regression testing" on this (tests that confirm prior functionality so that... well... things don't break). This is a major bug, basically crippling 2D mode development in a production release..

I wasted about three hours today messing with the 2D Game Kit with zero success because the Tile Palette didn't work at all. The only useful effort was reviewing the scripts (very experienced in C#/Mono/.Net Core/Xamarin).

But, with only 6 previous posts (in 2-3 days), maybe there is not much 2D Unity development? I would have expected many more responses, even in a short window of time (but, I have to assume a lot of people don't post).

Anyway, installing the recommended beta.

8. cursedtoast

cursedtoast

Is it possible to cleanly upgrade from beta to a full release once this is patched in the release version of 2018.1?

9. turp182

turp182

As long as they don't break project compatibility the answer should be yes. A Beta shouldn't do that.

In fact, I see the Beta and the Prod. version installed separately on my computer. The Beta sees all of my existing projects and they open up just fine.

Here's where the Beta can be obtained (Unity Hub install, run it, then Betas on the left, then 2GB of install...).

The Tile Palette is working for me now.

cursedtoast likes this.
  10. turp182

turp182

FYI, if you want to use the Kits (say the 2D Game Kit) and have the Tile Palette work, version 2017.3.1f1 gets this done.

I tried 2018.2.0b2 (tiles work, but no Kit Tools menu), 2017.2.2f1 (donesn't import), current production (tiles are broken), and 2017.4.2f2 (tiles are broken).

11. luislodosm

luislodosm

Same issue on 2017.4.2f2 and 2018.1.0f2 for Mac:
    Invisible tiles in palette.
    Captura de pantalla 2018-05-03 a las 17.46.26.png

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  12. overfile

overfile

I have the same issue when i upgrade to 2018.1.0f2

upload_2018-5-3_20-41-8.png

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    DonArtur and greenmoon4 like this.
  13. Keldric

Keldric

I have it too with Unity 2018.1.0f2 (64-bit)

greenmoon4 likes this.
  14. DeeJayVee

DeeJayVee

Yes, here as well, same issue. Just to add a an extra show of hands

EDIT: Using latest 2018 version

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    greenmoon4 likes this.
  15. Alisru

Alisru

Also having the same issue, thought it was a scripted tile messing it up, re-install & it still happens using latest version

greenmoon4 likes this.
  16. Tigersong

Tigersong

It's a fischal: this is a known bug. What might be nice is if "Unity 2D" were split off into a separate program and tested thoroughly before a "final" release was offered.

17. Serendiptiy

Serendiptiy

Hi, I have the same issue.
    Does anyone know when the next update will come and hopefully resolve this issue?

18. Alisru

Alisru

This is fixed in the Beta version so they do know about it

https://unity3d.com/unity/beta-download#release-notes "2D: Fix tiles not rendered in tile palette window (1010103)"

So just download unity hub, it manages versions of unity, back up your project & use the beta version to continue devving for now

moh13777 and DeeJayVee like this.
  19. Serendiptiy

Serendiptiy

Thank you @Alisru

Alisru likes this.
  20. mattouBatou

mattouBatou

So I upgraded to the latest beta and did a bunch of work. When painting a bunch of tiles and with the tile palette open (palette has some 8400 16x16 tiles in it) performance slowed down and eventually froze up the editor for 5 minutes at a time. I tried downgrading the project back to latest full release but all my assets/prefabs where broken (anti-aliasing was forced on even though i had point-filter on and AA off, mipmaps off etc etc). So right now, I can't create any levels it seems until performance issues are fixed with tile palette open in editor. It's so frustrating when you are trying to dev in the little time I have outside my day job :(

21. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

This will be fixed in 2018.1.2. The fixed version for 2017.4 LTS is pending.

22. unity_8mrqYc1vuhDnJg

unity_8mrqYc1vuhDnJg

I've upgraded to beta 2018.2.0b4 and i'm getting two kinds of 7 compile errors:

Multiple plugins with the same name 'tmpro_plugin' (found at 'Packages/com.unity.textmeshpro/Plugins/64 Bit Plugins/TMPro_Plugin.bundle' and 'Assets/2DGamekit/Utilities/TextMesh Pro/Plugins/64 Bit Plugins/TMPro_Plugin.bundle'). That means one or more plugins are set to be compatible with Editor. Only one plugin at the time can be used by Editor.

and

Root Asset with id 0 not valid!!
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallProjectHasChanged()

23. stuatk

stuatk

Same problem. Production stopping for 2D tile based game.

Disgraceful.

Millions of "fancy" new features - and as always, basic fundamental 2D game stuff is put to the bottom of the pile.

Unity > "oh! We want to make films and interactive car adverts now!"

Most developers > We just want the basic game oriented stuff to... well.. work.

(Rant over, just lost hours thinking I was going mad trying to fix this problem)

24. sigmatotal1

sigmatotal1

The beta already has this bug fixed

bowserscastle likes this.
  25. dalytube3

dalytube3

same problems but Tilemap sprites does not appear when I switch the game to build in Android phone.
    After switched, The Unity even lost the TilesetGameKit in Tile Palette

Anyone experienced this issues could share? I would appreciate.

Still full sprites in PC, Mac and Standardolone

Lost in Unity Tile Palette too :(:(:(:(:(

26. Alisru

Alisru

Download unity 2018.2, it's fixed in that version, or should be since it was in the beta

27. dalytube3

dalytube3

i'm already use the last version :(:(:(

28. dalytube3

dalytube3

any solution guys???

29. tapiovalli

tapiovalli

Still there in 2018.2.2f1, branch 2018.2/release

30. Slimboy1990

Slimboy1990

Is this still a known issue? Does not seem to be fixed in the current release. Does anyone know a work around without needing to downgrade?

Attached Files:

• tile.PNG
      tile.PNG
      File size:
      56.9 KB
      Views:
  31. Hydropulse17

Hydropulse17

2018.2.9f1 still happening. I was perfectly content working on this project in my outdated Unity (Unity 5) until I learned about the new built in tile palette feature. I upgraded just to play with it and I'm very disappointed to see that this issue has existed for months and it's being ignored.

32. joshjosh100

joshjosh100

I'm having this problem as of 2018.2.14f1

33. MaximYenbakhtov

MaximYenbakhtov

This happens becouse of tileset. The size of tileset is too big for Android. Change Tileset MaxSize to 2048

34. krupps

krupps

Upgrade your Unity I had this bug a while ago. Sometimes it freaks out and I have to restart Unity because the selection has the previous shape in the void.

When selecting make sure you hit the S key shortcut and you're not in edit mode, your correct tilemap is showing.,

35. Jadefire16

Jadefire16

Current version of 2019 and still having this issue, I think at this point if Unity cant fix this they should just throw away their 2D platform all together, absolutely garbage. If I can't do something as simple as place tiles in an editor I paid hundreds of dollars for, what was even the point of using it?

Attached Files:

36. D-R-A-N-E

D-R-A-N-E

I litterally just started making games and *this* is the first problem i run into....

37. ChuanXin

ChuanXin

Unity Technologies

Could you file a bug with the Unity Bug Reporter with your project and post the case number here? Thanks!