Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. Join us on Dec 8, 2022, between 7 am & 7 pm EST, in the DOTS Dev Blitz Day 2022 - Q&A forum, Discord, and Unity3D Subreddit to learn more about DOTS directly from the Unity Developers.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

Tile Palette

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by Pelochil, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Pelochil

Pelochil

Hi
    I wanted to know how is the shortcut to rotate and flip a tile. Actually I try to use ">" "<" "," "." and "[" "]" but doesn't work.
    I am using Unity 2017.3.1 f 1.

2. mgear

mgear

, and . works for me (used pick tool to select tile(s), then can rotate while its in paint + palette edit mode)

3. Pelochil

Pelochil

It does not work. Maybe is because I use personal version.
    I reinstall Unity in case it was an error but isn't.

I do this: I create a tile palette, a grid and put one sprite in the tile palette. Then I select the tile with the paint brush and can draw in scene window but i cant rotate it( I activated the edit mode in tile palette).

4. mgear

mgear

, and . works in tilemap palette and in scene for me.. (tested with 2018.1.b8 and 2017.3.0f3)
    personal or pro, its all the same features.

which unity version, pc/mac/linux?

check your preferences also, its listed there
    upload_2018-3-16_9-5-0.png

JKrypto, MsMaciek and Pelochil like this.
  5. Pelochil

Pelochil

Okay now it's works. Thank you very much. :)

6. Adi00789

Adi00789

in unity 2019, its shift + ] and shift + [

JT8101997 likes this.
  7. castor76

castor76

No matter what I do, it never works for me...I think something is preventing it from working for my specific project, but no idea what can prevent such operation.